Can you help me interprety my TYOG2 SCan? PLeaSE!

vbimport

Hi,

I have bought some Linkyo TYOG2 DVD-R and i burned an image at 6x. the scan results show that i have a lot of low pi errors that are grouped together. Compared to other taiyo yuden scans, i have a lot of more pi errors. I am using a laptop burner (PBDS DVD+ - RW DS-8W1P BD1C). The same result happens when buring at 8x too. What could this mean, and how can i lower the Pif/Pi scores?

thank you!

Since they are fake Taiyo Yuden, I’d say the result isn’t too bad. There’s probably not much you can do to improve the results with that media. :wink:

i dont think those are fake. if they were bought from supermediastore, you have genuine Linkyo Branded Taiyo Yuden media.
http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-white-inkjet-hub-printable-8x-dvd-r-media-retail-cake-box.html

8W1P, is this a lite-on slim type drive?

why do you think they are fake Albert?

[QUOTE=troy512;2162069]why do you think they are fake Albert?[/QUOTE]Quick Google search for previous hits on CDF for the brand + the MID had a few of the more reputable members stating that they had fake Linkyo-branded media, but it appears times have changed. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Troy. :wink:

In this case, then, I’d just say that it’s probably just the poorer performance of the LiteOn slim drive causing less than stellar results on the media [when compared to the scans on the forums that are mostly of burns done on half-height drives]. It’s still not bad by any real stretch of the imagination, though; it could just be a bit better with a different drive, I’d think.

supermediastore is where i buy all my unbranded Taiyo Yuden DVD’s. Linkyo is supposed to be supermediastore brand [according to their site].

now if they are actually fake i dont know? seems that my unbranded tyg02 and t02 disc are not fake. [initial scans and rescans after few months].

i now see the postings Linkyo Branded fake TYG02 media. the postings i have read are from 2005, i just hope this is still not the case with supermediastore. :frowning:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=linkyo+tyg02+site%3Acdfreaks.com&btnG=Google+Search

[QUOTE=Albert;2162225]In this case, then, I’d just say that it’s probably just the poorer performance of the LiteOn slim drive causing less than stellar results on the media [when compared to the scans on the forums that are mostly of burns done on half-height drives]. It’s still not bad by any real stretch of the imagination, though; it could just be a bit better with a different drive, I’d think.[/QUOTE]

fake or not. the scan results are very good. :slight_smile: are the results comparable to newer optiarc or pioneer desktop dvd burners? not in the hall of fame. :frowning:

however the results are very good. :iagree:

edit// what letters and numbers are in the most inner area of the write side?