Can you get round ATIP protection without using a crack / patch

Is it possible to get round ATIP protection without a crack or patch?

I have a CDRW Plextor W2410A. Firmware = 1.02

& How comes this Plextor can Encode regular EFM patterns but older Plextors can’t?

All writers can do EFM encoding (they have to!). The SD2 trick is to ‘ignore’ correct EFM encoding when writing “regular bit patterns” like this 101010101010…EFM encoding ensures that this doesn’t occur as small artefacts like this appear as errors, which they do! It is a protection against reading & writing.

The plextors that can, indeed most SD2 writers, have a Mediatek chipset.

The ATIP thing can be blocked or just play it in a quality DVD/CD-ROM

Thanks for the Info about EFM :slight_smile: but how do I
block the ATIP?
Can I remove the ATIP info from a CDR so it acts like a pressed CD?

Originally posted by AtomicX
Can I remove the ATIP info from a CDR so it acts like a pressed CD?
No as far as I know you cannot remove this data. You could however try to use DAEMON Tools to block ATIP reading. Don’t know if it works since I never tried it :o

ATIP is read as soon as the disc is inserted into a writer. There may be a generic patch at some stage but go ahead and just use a standard DVD/CD rom drive, no problem

ATIP (Absolute Time In Pregroove) =Marks the spiral length in time. The different areas have set lengths (The spiral starts at 96:15:00, lead-in area starts at 97:27:55, data starts at 00:00:00, lead out area starts at 74:05:10 end of spiral beyond 76:05:10)…

Every blank media contains ATIP info (in opposite to pressed CDs) and EVERY CD-Writer is able to read these infos. So play your copies from CD or DVD rom (but be c areful - even some CDROMs can read ATIP info!!)

DAEMON tools is an emulation program that can prevent Safedisc 2 (or any other protection) from checking ATIP and makes it so you can play copies on CDRW’s.

Originally posted by Slider
DAEMON tools is an emulation program that can prevent Safedisc 2 (or any other protection) from checking ATIP and makes it so you can play copies on CDRW’s.
I was wondering about that… Thanks for the info!