Can you do a favor for me ...PLEASE

This little girl is from my town…and i personally know her mom and dad…
have a heart and just send her a post card…they aren’t that expensive and would totally make her day…you don’t have to write a novel…just say greetings from …your city…country…or just from a friend…it would mean so much to me if you could…

Seven year old Natalie Hood who suffers from a rare blood disorder-Fanconi anemia- continues to battle for her life. Last week she was admitted on an outpatient basis for testing at the University of Minnesota Medical Center Fairview.
She will be admitted this week as a patient for three to five days of chemo and radiation treatments. On July 24 she will undergo a bone marrow transplant. The hospital has told the family that the donor is a male in his early 40’s and from another country.
Natalie will have to remain at the Fairview University Hospital intensive care unit for at LEAST four months.
Her family asks for prayers and a miracle for her healing. Cards and words of encouragement can be sent to Natalie and her family at

University of Minnesota Medical Center Fairview
Natalie Jane Hood – Unit 4-A
500 South Harvard Street
Minneapolis, MN 55455

They request no plants or fresh fruit………
And a reminder anyone sending mail should try to have clean hands when handling the card or letter to avoid the possibility of Natalie contracting any germs since she will have no immunity for a while as she recovers…

Will do. Have you got a zip code for that address?

Got it…card on the way tonight.

Looking online at the USPS site, the zip code I got was 55455-0363

I’ll send this out today.

Yea, I watched my sister have a bone marrow transplant. Can’t have any germs aroung at all until her immune system recovers. :frowning:
Will send a card out tomorrow. :iagree:

I will sign it alan1476 from CDF, will she recognize the forum?

no they don’t know about the CDFreaks…but you can just sign it as a friend of Dana’s :wink:

and yes the Zip for that area is 55455
if a Mod could can they put it in the orginal post for me please

Zip code added, and I’ll send a nice pretty postcard when I next go out. :slight_smile:

thank you guys soo much

Have copied the address, & will send tomorrow.

I’ll wait until I’ve recovered from the flu first :stuck_out_tongue:

good idea…:wink: plus all those aussie germs…yuckie!! :flower:

Poor girl…kinda breaks my heart.
I unfortunately leave for a vacation this morning at three, but when i get back, i’ll be on it :slight_smile:

I’ll try. Has the family already been in contact with the Fanconi Anemica Research Fund ? I hope the transplant will be okay and work.

Would you mind if i contact a cartoonist i know? Perhaps he can draw her something? I’m not sure if he has the time, but it never hurts to ask.

yes they have been in contact with anyone who has any information on the rare disorder…

and the idea of a cartoonist doing something is awesome…that is so you…:wink:

I didn’t want people to think they had to go and do something big…a 50 cent post card from places all over the world would let her know that she is super special…and dang 4 months in ICU…that is gonna be rough…

oh yeah her mom and her husband…are too have another baby the end of August …and her Dad and his wife are having a baby in October…so its really hard on both families ( mom and dad never married each other but were together for over 4 years)

just an update

Today is the transplant day…i’ve not heard from any of the family at this point…
but when i do…i’ll let you know

I have just emailed Scott Johnson of extralife ( www.myextralife.com ). I hope to hear from him soon. If you want to keep updated please give me your email address in a pm message. :iagree:

I didn’t want people to think they had to go and do something big…a 50 cent post card from places all over the world would let her know that she is super special…and dang 4 months in ICU…that is gonna be rough…
I hope everything will be ok. I’ve been reading about the disease and got quite sad… :frowning:

oh yeah her mom and her husband…are too have another baby the end of August …and her Dad and his wife are having a baby in October…so its really hard on both families ( mom and dad never married each other but were together for over 4 years)

PLease please don’t get this the wrong wrong way, but i have heard (probably in a movie, but who know it actually is possible) that the newborn can possibly a donor for Natalie?

The cord blood is a rich source of stem cells, and if these cells are HLA-compatible it’s a very good material for the transplant :iagree:

Other than the HLA-compatibility, however, the problem is: can the receiver wait enough up to the completion of pregnancy? I don’t know if some stem cells can be taken from the cord without cause damage to the fetus :frowning:

neither unborn child can be a donor…different parents :frowning:

and as for the email addy …its on the way :wink:

Sent a card out today, hope everything is well!