Can you burn games onto DVD?

vbimport

I got some big games, one image is 777.27 meg. It will not fit on a CDR obviously. I was wondering if these can be burned on to a DVD-R and played on a CD and/or DVD?

The size of the image doesn’t mean the actual files will be that size too…some image formats store a lot of extra information, making the image larger than the total amount of space on the original.

And then you always have 90 or 99 minute CDs, which can hold even more content (use search to learn more about them and how you have to handle them)

Is it possible these could be that TOS form of copy protection? It is Mafia, CD #3.

Originally posted by danny5
Is it possible these could be that TOS form of copy protection? It is Mafia, CD #3.

I think you mean TOC (Table of Contents)…
But I cannot help you there…have absolute no knowledge on that…

Originally posted by danny5

Probably not, this protection was used some years ago, but not anymore. Way too easy to bypass :wink: Probably Da_Taxman is right and does your problem relate to the specific image format.

The image files are BIN/CUE, using Nero to burn them. My wifes Asus burner does not do overburning.

I have been looking into 90 - 99 minute CDR’s, which my Plextor 2410a is supposed to work with…

Looking into that, or the possiblilty of using DVD-R discs too. Hence the question. I have posted some questions regarding DVD burners here, looking into all the possibilities. Really like the thought of being able to backup the DVD movies, got kids in the house.

a bin/cue image is larger than the cd it will become once burned. an 800mb bin/cue will become a 700mb cd.

Thanks, you were right too. I tried to burn that 777meg Bin file that the wife couldn’t do on hers. Using my Plextor and Nero, it was a snap. The CDR file size was 673 meg.

bin and cues , dvd recordables and over 700 mb files.

smells like kazaa

Thanks for the info Mr. Belvedere…

No, not Kazaa. I’ll just say that it has to do with Overnet. Probably more than what I should say…

Then i’ll close this post. Thank you for your information.