Can you automate bitsetting, booktyping

vbimport

Hi All,

I am really pleased with the program, but annoyingly I still get coasters because I forget to set the booktype before I burn DOH!

Is there anyway to automate this, or anyway to make either Imgburn, or disc speed load up/start up at Windows startup to remind me that if I am going to burn to bitset?

I am running Vista Home Premium.

All replies welcome

SDM197.

[QUOTE=sdm197;2097288]Hi All,

I am really pleased with the program, but annoyingly I still get coasters because I forget to set the booktype before I burn DOH!

Is there anyway to automate this, or anyway to make either Imgburn, or disc speed load up/start up at Windows startup to remind me that if I am going to burn to bitset?

All replies welcome

SDM197.[/QUOTE]

First off what kinda model do you have? Check the web site of the burner manufacture cause they will usually have software to set the booktype. But first we need to know what kinda burner you have to inform you what options you have. Also make sure when you burn your speed is at least half of the burn rate speed of the media. Don’t multitask when you burn as this process is CPU, Memory, HDD intensive applications. Make sure you have decent media as well.

CloneDVD2 does not bitset on its own. You have to use a third party software.

Man, just noticed your talking about image burn not clonedvd…if you wanting a reply on booktype you should just post a thread into general hardware forum there. Only third parties or from manufacture of the burner will provide you the settings to booktype your dvd+r to dvd-rom formats. As bilbo65 mention clonedvd copies only and does nothing on the booktype end side.

Hi Guys,

thanks for both your replies, I will post in the other section as suggested.

SDM197.

Hi All,

I am really pleased with the Clone DVD software, I realise that this software does not allow Bitsetting/booktyping. I can get around this by using Nero Disc Speed or Imgburn but annoyingly I still get coasters because I forget to set the booktype before I burn DOH!

All replies welcome

SDM197.

Yes, but it’s done differently depending on the burner. Which drive is it?

** Two threads merged **

@sdm197 - rather than creating another thread on the same subject, you could have sent a PM to any senior staff member to move your existing thread.

Something to remember for the future. :wink:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, and will remember about asking to merge the threads.

The burner is an LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20NS10, If I set the booktype every time the PC is shut down it forgets the setting.

When I remember to bitset, my player will play my DVD’s, I only use Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden or Maxell blanks. If I forget it won’t play them.

Thanks for your help so far,

SDM197.