Can we use an anti-spyware together with Eset Smart Security 3?

I know that we cannot use more than one anti-virus programs on the same computer, but can we use any anti-spyware/malware programs in conjunction with an anti-virus? If it is possible, which one do you recommend? I am using Eset Smart Security 3, and I am thinking of installing Spybot Search and Destroy.
Thanks

Yes, you can use different anti-spyware programs on the same computer. I just run the scans manually though…I don’t keep the protection running on the all the antispyware/antimalware programs at the same time.

Spybot seems to be less effective these days. You might want to look at the free version of Malwarebytes AntiMalware program too.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2224962]Yes, you can use different anti-spyware programs on the same computer. I just run the scans manually though…I don’t keep the protection running on the all the antispyware/antimalware programs at the same time.

Spybot seems to be less effective these days. You might want to look at the free version of Malwarebytes AntiMalware program too.[/QUOTE]
May I ask for a clarification? Can we use different [I]anti-virus programs[/I] on tha same computer? Will there be no problems? I have read a few articles about it, and many say that it can spell disaster.

No, you shouldn’t run different antivirus programs at the same time.

It is possible to have a resident antivirus program and then occasionally use an online scan to check your computer. If you do that, follow the instructions of the online scanning program. Trend Micro, Eset, and Kaspersky all offer free online scans, though they might not remove the problems they find.