Can u Use a Walkman as Source to Make MP3's

I was wondering if I could use my Walkman cassette player to plug into the computer so that I can make MP3’s of a few old tapes I still have. Would it have enough power to give a clear signal or do I need to use my Pioneer stereo system?

Without extensive finetuning using an audio-app like wavelab you would only get a bad bad audio quality…

It can be done with the walkman, but like chef says, it’ll sound pretty nasty.

Rather than using the headphone-out of a walkman, use the line-out of a good stereo or component cassette player.

It’s not too bad but I’ll have to get rid of the hiss. Does hiss come thru if u use a stereo system? I imagine it would unless u played around with the eq but then u lose overall sound quality.

I think there would be less hiss with the stereo system. There shouldn’t be much hiss on something with a relatively good tape deck and amp.

I have spent HOURS and HOURS looking for a way to get streaming audio and Netlibrary books and files with Digital Rights Management onto my ipod. I never found anything “FREE” worth using… Here is a link to a $49 product Replay Radio http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-1796560-10291934 that really works… It is like TiVo for ANY streaming media or digital audio (including WMA-DRM) you want to add to turn into wma or AAC your ipod, or other music player. Also works to capture sound from cassette tape or records. This product won PC magazine’s editor’s choice award for recording crystal clear audio on a PC. Save time and money with software that is intuitive and works right the first time!