Can u get blank DVD-R's with nothing on them?

im wondering if you can buy lightscribe dvd rs with nothing on them, no who its made by, nothing, basically i want the dvds to be blank with just silver color, thanks brian

Nope, cant do it, not in the normal silver color you are talking about.

On a similar topic, is there a white printable (not into centre ring - i.e. clear centre ring) that does not have any branding on it. If so, what are the better brands of these to look for.

Thanks,

Nathan

[QUOTE=MrTED;2206573]On a similar topic, is there a white printable (not into centre ring - i.e. clear centre ring) that does not have any branding on it. If so, what are the better brands of these to look for.

Thanks,

Nathan[/QUOTE]

You mean no serials in the hub ?
Some media with fake codes, can be found as printables, that don’t have serials in the hubs. However don’t ask for brands or quality if you want to got that way.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2206692]You mean no serials in the hub ?
Some media with fake codes, can be found as printables, that don’t have serials in the hubs. However don’t ask for brands or quality if you want to got that way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response. I am ok with serials and other info, I just don’t want a brand name in the centre hub. Quality is paramount, however these are to be used for business so without a brand name is as important.

[QUOTE=MrTED;2207075]Thanks for your response. I am ok with serials and other info, I just don’t want a brand name in the centre hub. Quality is paramount, however these are to be used for business so without a brand name is as important.[/QUOTE]For business, you shouldn’t use Lightscribe anyway since not only can you not get them without hub branding, but LS labels are prone to fading and degradation and would require (excessive) care by your customers/target audience.

For business use, I would recommend either an inkjet disk printer + Taiyo Yuden Watershields, or some kind of thermal printer + discs.

Edit: when shopping for inkjet printable discs, look out for the terms “Full Face Printable” and “Hub Printable” as these signify a fully printable, unbranded surface.
In any case, Taiyo Yudens are NEVER branded, unless they’re explicitly sold under their brandname That’s (Japan only) or that of an OEM customer (rare).

If you tell us where in the world you’re located, I can point you to some good online stores that will have exactly what you need.

[QUOTE=SeanW;2207346]For business, you shouldn’t use Lightscribe anyway since not only can you not get them without hub branding, but LS labels are prone to fading and degradation and would require (excessive) care by your customers/target audience.

For business use, I would recommend either an inkjet disk printer + Taiyo Yuden Watershields, or some kind of thermal printer + discs.

Edit: when shopping for inkjet printable discs, look out for the terms “Full Face Printable” and “Hub Printable” as these signify a fully printable, unbranded surface.
In any case, Taiyo Yudens are NEVER branded, unless they’re explicitly sold under their brandname That’s (Japan only) or that of an OEM customer (rare).

If you tell us where in the world you’re located, I can point you to some good online stores that will have exactly what you need.[/QUOTE]

Hi Sean,

I am not after lightscribe, but definately after ink jet printable. I already have the ptiner to print with. I am after Hub Printable, but am unable to find any here without brand names, by here I mean Sydney, Australia. Some online stores would be wonderful, if you could point me to where they are.

Thanks,

Nathan

I’m afraid I’m not that familiar with the market in Australia but you might try this shop, JPL displays:

http://www.jpldisplays.com.au/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=23&sort=2a&page=1

Hopefully someone else here will be able to better advise.