Can this confirmed...sounds too good to be true

vbimport

came across a website that states you can use a wii and a netflix account to record movies here is the link in question and can this be confirmed since I have a wii:

http://technology.feedfury.com/content/49454402-how-to-record-any-movie-from-netflix-using-netflix-ready-devices-like-nintendo-wii.html

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2625392]came across a website that states you can use a wii and a netflix account to record movies here is the link in question and can this be confirmed since I have a wii:

http://technology.feedfury.com/content/49454402-how-to-record-any-movie-from-netflix-using-netflix-ready-devices-like-nintendo-wii.html[/QUOTE]

They need to tell you how to do the setup and hookup of which they are lacking thus this is more rumor then anything that would help anyone. Plus you have to register to even know what is being said. So my thought is this is junk unless they even begin to provide the steps anyone can read to do the setup otherwise it just a worthless.

It looks pretty straightforward to me after glancing at it. Unlike the other consoles, the Wii video output is not copy-protected when viewing Netflix streaming. If one had a standalone dvd recorder, routing the Wii’s output through it would allow recording of whatever is being watched. The others would require a video stabilizer inline between the console and recorder to clean up the copy protection. Pretty simple. No user’s manual required :).

I assume the OP does not own a dvd recorder and was hoping someone could verify this before he/she goes out shopping for one ;). Or perhaps to help in deciding if they need a Wii :).

Likely this oversight will be fixed by Nintendo very shortly.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2625466]

Likely this oversight will be fixed by Nintendo very shortly.[/QUOTE]

Which won’t be long…the Wii U is suppose to be coming out sometime soon???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2625473]Which won’t be long…the Wii U is suppose to be coming out sometime soon???[/QUOTE]

Turns out your right. Wii U now has CGMS on Netflix…:iagree:
But most people still use a Wii :stuck_out_tongue:

The wii only does 480p …