Can These Games Not BE Copied:

Hi,
I was wondering can these games be copied with Clone CD successfully: Command and Conquer Generals, Battlefield 1942, Soldier Of Fortune, Soldier Of Fortune 2, Medal Of Honour Allied Assault and its expansion Spearhead?

Also in Soldier Of Fortune 1 i try to play it and it comes up with “WON error please insert the cd and try again” then when u click “ok” it comes up with “Disconnected”, “u disconnected” but the cd is still in the drive!!!

Plus too if anyone could send me to the right place to get the bwa files if required for those games listed above so that i could use twinpeaks to make a working copy of them that would be great… thanks in advance :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Hi,
I was wondering can these games be copied with Clone CD successfully: Command and Conquer Generals, Battlefield 1942, Soldier Of Fortune, Soldier Of Fortune 2, Medal Of Honour Allied Assault and its expansion Spearhead?

Plus too if anyone could send me to the right place to get the bwa files if required for those games listed above so that i could use twinpeaks to make a working copy of them that would be great… thanks in advance

Yes these games can easily be copied with clone cd depending on what hardware you have. What writer do you have? And what version of clone cd do you have.

Clone CD 4.2.0.2 was used but i wasnt the person that copied them as a friend did it 4 me using the game cd profile also please refresh ur screen as i edited the main message i just posted!!!:bigsmile:

the standard game cd profile wont work for safedisc v2.8, you also need a writer that has a 2 sheep rating.

i dont know what writer he has but is there any place or anyone that i can get the bwa files for those listed games?

you dont need bwa files for safedisc v2.x

what discs are safedisc 5.2x or whatever and also i am having trouble with soldier of fortune 1 as i listed in my previous artcle which didnt get answered which was this:

“Also in Soldier Of Fortune 1 i try to play it and it comes up with “WON error please insert the cd and try again” then when u click “ok” it comes up with “Disconnected”, “u disconnected” but the cd is still in the drive!!!”

Soldier of fortune 2 works fine even on the same copy method

soldier of fortune 2 only has a cd key
medal of honour allied assault has safedisc 2.51
i have soldier of fortune(has cd key only) and soldier of fortune platinum they are both un-protected.
C&C Generals is safedisc 2.8
spearhead safedisc 2.8 (i think)
dont know about battlefield 1942

As for the error message are you trying to play online, won is for online play

Originally posted by slayerking
spearhead safedisc 2.8 (i think)
dont know about battlefield 1942

Mohaa Spearhead is sd 2.8 (you thought right).

Battlefield 1942 was originally sd 2.6. Update patch, if applied, also updates protection to sd 2.8.

thanks for tellin me that but also with soldier of fortune 1 i am not trying to play it online just single player and it does that

also again is there any place to get bwa files for those games i listed (the ones that need it if the cd was copied with the default game cd profile as it wasnt me that copied them it was a friend…

:eek: :bow: :slight_smile: :bigsmile: :smiley: :wink: :cool: hehe

as far as i know .bwa files and the twinpeak method are only for securom v4.xxx protected games. So they would be of no use to you, as all the games you have are safedic protected.

thats a bugger hmm well is there any safedisc emulator that i could use as i dont want to use any no cd patches as then you cant download the updates off the net…

what writer do you have: brand and model no.

I have an Aopen CRW3248 But i dont know what type of drive my friend used to copy the discs with though but i do know he used the default game cd profile and clone cd 4.2.0.2

I am soon going to get liteons latest 52x burner

you have a 1 sheep burner so try make a back up using “amplify weak sectors” if that doesn’t work try with “emulate weak sectors” and when playing from a writer enable clone cd’s “hide cdr media” option in the clone tray icon;)

but the thing is i cant borrow my friends cd’s to copy them coz their not his their his brothers so thats why i want either bwa files or emulators etc

plus ive tried different things with soldier of fortune 1 and it keeps saying that won thing even though i am playing single player

by thhe way im running windows xp pro if that makes any difference :bigsmile:

You do own the originals don’t you?

my friend as i said be4 copied the games off the originals as if i can affford to buy everything??

If you don’t own the original disc, we can’t help you. Sorry, thread closed.