Can the Premium write 99 min CDs?

vbimport

I have a Plextor Premium and Nero 6.3. I tried burning a 834 MB file using Datatrack 99 min 870MB CD. I set Nero to overburn and 99 min as the limit, disc-at-once, finalize CD. Everything went fine until Nero reached 97% burn and crashed. It completely froze and I had to restart my PC in order to eject the disc. This had never happened before with 80 min CDs. The info on the back of the Datatrack CD case reads:

CD-R 99
Start Lead in: 97m27s19f
Start Lead out: 79m59s74f
Velocity: 3.49 m/s
Capacity: 702.83 MB :confused:

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by fockewul
[B]I have a Plextor Premium and Nero 6.3. I tried burning a 834 MB file using Datatrack 99 min 870MB CD. I set Nero to overburn and 99 min as the limit, disc-at-once, finalize CD. Everything went fine until Nero reached 97% burn and crashed. It completely froze and I had to restart my PC in order to eject the disc. This had never happened before with 80 min CDs. The info on the back of the Datatrack CD case reads:

CD-R 99
Start Lead in: 97m27s19f
Start Lead out: 79m59s74f
Velocity: 3.49 m/s
Capacity: 702.83 MB :confused:

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. [/B]

I can’t tell if there is any special issues with Nero 6.3. And I never tried 99 min. cdr’s myself. but it shouldent be a problem according to this:

Quote from Cdfreaks premium review

We can be very short when summing up the results with the Premium drive and 99 minute media. Since the drive can burn 111 minutes of audio to a standard 80 minute disc (using GigaRec), it will come as no surprise that the drive can handle 99 minute media without problems, although the write speed is limited to 40x when overburning.

I have burned several Ritek 99 min CD-Rs with my Premium. I have never had a problem. All have been burned as audio using Plextools or Nero 5.510.28 or 5.5.10.42.

I have read many people having problems with Nero 6 and later. It may be your problem. Try to burn with Plextools using the CD Maker.