Can\'t re-format CD-RW on my HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-T20N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello,

Looks like I’ve got a problem with my HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N - can not re-format the CD-RW. Nero tries to access the drive for a while (much longer than usual) and finally when the media is reformatted and filled with some data the verification process fails saying that it’s not possible to read some sectors. Tried several programs such as Nero, Super Blank and ImgBurn. Using Memorex media. Any ideas?

How many times have you used (ie recorded to and re-written to) this disc? It’s possible that it has exceeded its workable life.

And is it 4x rated, or greater that 4x rated?

Brand new 4x. Just opened the box.

Tried one more from the same box - the same result. Now trying the third one… Hope there is the problem with media, not with the drive. I’ll let know about the result.

Insert one of these discs, run Nero CD-DVD Speed, navigate to the Disc Info tab, and tell us what it gives you as the manufacturer of the disc [for example, the manufacturer of the disc in the attached screenshot is Ritek].

Nero CD-DVD Speed: www.cdspeed2000.com

Forget Nero verify function when we talk about -RW* media.

Simply make a test; copy back the burned file(-s) to your HD and compare originals with copyed using tools like md5summer.

• This mostly because it all depens on if you burn a single or a multi session disc (open/closed track).

I have done some tests. Please take a look… As i can see those 2 medias were just crap. Just made me waste your and mine time

Yep, CD-RW made by Infodisc is far from the best stuff. A simple media switch to some Verbatim or Sony CD-RW should give you some usable discs. :slight_smile:

Indeed.

Hence the phrase: [I]“Is it shite… or is it Memorex?”[/I]. :wink:

Thank you for your time guys. Looks like it’s not a good idea to save a few pounds on a media. I will not be surprised if this disk will not be readable in a couple of weeks. :confused:

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2134771]Indeed.

Hence the phrase: [I]“Is it shite… or is it Memorex?”[/I]. ;)[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO :bigsmile:

I was about to voice my opinion on Infodisc, but I see you guys already did it for me :wink:

As Albert suggested, a switch to Sony or Verbatim would be a good idea :iagree:

[QUOTE=zoomyman;2134767][B]I have done some tests[/B]. Please take a look… As i can see those 2 medias were just crap.[/QUOTE]
Crap… :stuck_out_tongue:
AFAICR, GSA-T20N doesn’t support C1/C2 CD disc quality scanning (not with Acer firmware anyway).

BTW guys; does latest Verbatim’s MID, CMC Magnetics taste any better then Infodisc. :smiley:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2134784]BTW guys; does latest Verbatim’s MID, CMC Magnetics taste any better then Infodisc. :D[/QUOTE]
Actually, yes, it does. :wink: It tends to last for a few more writes than Infodisc [which only lasts 1].

Ideally, I would suggest only Sony, but we have to give the posters options. :slight_smile:

Hehe…the taste certainly lasts a bit longer…:slight_smile: