Can someone verify my writers as good or bad?

vbimport

Hi there.

I hot a Sony Vaio laptop with an internal Pioneer BDR-TD05 and i got an external with 2 usb cables the Pioneer BDR-XD04.
Does someone knows if these are very good blu ray burners and wich one i should trust more in burning blu ray ?
Is Pioneer always a good brand to go with for blu ray media or are there better brands ?
Share your thoughts and thanks in advance for any help.

Just glancing at scans of various Pioneer drives, I would say you should expect to have some decent results with those drives. I don’t think there are really any better slim drives out there, and I think that the only immediate benefits of getting a full-sized external drive would be to avoid power consumption issues (assuming the external drive you have is powered by the USB connection and doesn’t have a separate power adapter) and faster write speeds, with long-term benefits of maybe having the drive last longer and make marginally better initial burns.

What media do you plan to use with them?

[QUOTE=Albert;2741542]Just glancing at scans of various Pioneer drives, I would say you should expect to have some decent results with those drives. I don’t think there are really any better slim drives out there, and I think that the only immediate benefits of getting a full-sized external drive would be to avoid power consumption issues (assuming the external drive you have is powered by the USB connection and doesn’t have a separate power adapter) and faster write speeds, with long-term benefits of maybe having the drive last longer and make marginally better initial burns.

What media do you plan to use with them?[/QUOTE]

I’m goin to use Panasonic 25GB Premium Archival Media from japan.
So i was wondering if i can expect good results with it.
Some say Pioneer is somewhat one of the best writers that are produced these days others are sometimes negative.
I also know the sata internal Pioneer drive bdr-206 is probably much better maybe im gonna get a drive like that put it in my parents there computer and use it there from time to time.
I really want the best burning results available.
I also got some JVC for Archive japanese dvd-r with TYG02 MID code.
Im sure thats very reliable media to right ?
Or would the brand Thats from taiyo yuden got higher quality because they also got a DVDR for archive version with same MID.
Or is it just exact the same except for the brand name used then.

Fpr the TYG02: Should be the same regardless of brand. That’s is Taiyo Yuden’s in-house brand (mostly reserved for select markets like Japan), but technically, JVC has been over TY’s production for a few years, so JVC-Taiyo Yuden archival media should be as good as That’s branded archival media.

For the Panasonic BD-R media: it’s hard to get a bad burn with it.

Regarding Pioneer write quality: it’s good as long as you have good media. If you can get a BDR-206 or 207, that might be ever so slightly better than the newest drives, but the newest half-height (desktop) drives from Pioneer or LG are still good at writing.