Can someone tell me what this means

vbimport

ok i have dvd clone i just found out i have the fake version thanx to this site so my friend told me to use dvd shrink and nero so i did and it worked then i went to back up another dvd and it said dvd failed to read file “e;” data error redundancy check thanx to anyone who can tell me what the hell this means i never though backing up ur dvds would be this hard

You can try some of the tutorials at videohelp They will help you a lot. I suggest you try CloneDVD2 from Elbysoft/Slysoft if you want REALLY easy DVD backup.

thanx how long does it take to backup a dvd is it good cuz i’m tired of buy just crap that doesn’t work

What movie are you trying to back up?

new Read Errors - google search

There seems to be a growing trend to prevent DVD backup by using unreadable sectors or hard copy read errors.

It takes me under 35 minutes to backup my DVDs with CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD.

@tunadog. Thanks for the info. I haven’t had any errors yet but I’ll keep a lookout and change my AnyDVD settings.

Heres what bigorange at vbportal had to say.

There seems to be a growing trend to prevent DVD backup by using unreadable sectors or hard copy read errors. There are however ways to circumvent this method.

One is to use a slower read, even at 1x, if your DVD-ROM drive won’t do it, try using your burner to read it.

Another way is there are settings in decrypter to make your rip more aggressive. here are a few:

DVD Decrypter can handle even the toughest of encryptions, try the following little “adjustments” -

Step 1. In DVD Decrypter, go to “Tools”, “Settings”, and then whatever you’re using either the File Mode tab OR the ISO Read Mode tab and “tick” “Remove PUO’s” - try either the IFO, BUP, PUO’s OR the VOB PUO’s

Step 2. In DVD Decrypter, go to “Tools”, “Settings”, General tab, on the bottom left it will say “Removal Method” choose “Aggressive”.

Step 3. in DVD Decrypter, go to “Tools”, “Settings” then choose the CSS tab, under CSS Cracking Method, mark the spot that says “Brute Force”.

Step 4. in DVD Decrypter, go to “Tools”, “Settings” then choose the I/O tab, check “ignore read errors”.

Step 5. in DVD Decrypter, go to “Tools”, “Settings” then choose the “Device tab” and set read speed at 1x, and set your retries at a high number like 50.(I once got one to finally copy by pure persistence, 320 tries!)

Finally AnyDvd has a new setting called “copy protection based on unreadable sectors”, check this box when encountering such errors. AnyDvd has a free 21 day trial, then it costs 39.00/. It is well worth the price as it runs in the background completely on automatic with nothing to operate. It also works for burning on the fly without writing to the HD 1st…

Use any or all or a combination of these means will usually get around the problem, good luck…:>). Happy

i found the prob thanx to u guys again thanx for the help