Can someone help me with Pioneer DVR-115DBK?

vbimport

Hello,
This is my first post and my last attempt to fix my DVD Burner, Heres the story

Bought it three months ago when I built a New PC, Ordered all my parts from New egg,

Put PC together and everything worked fine except for the burner, I am running it as slave and using a Samsung DVD rom as master using IDE,

But it shows up as dvd burner in my computer, but I can put a dvd of any kind in it or a cd blank or not and it will not read it, it lights up for a sec when the tray closes but it will never read the disk,

any idea would be so great
Thanks, In Advance
Jon

Welcome to CdFreaks! :slight_smile:

Use a 80 wire ide cable with your 115 drive and set the jumper to master. If you’re already using a 80 wire ide cable buy a new one because they can fail from time to time. That would be one way to check if the drive is working correctly or not. When a 40 wire ide cable is used the drive will not work correctly. ;):slight_smile:

Ok, Took PC apart and checked cable, I have a 80 Wire IDE, I took both drives out, which is my sony dvd rom and the pioneer, I set the pioneer to master and the sony to slave, rebooted and still the same thing, Windows reconized the sony but not the pioneer, but it shows up in my computer as dvd rw drive, but will not read a cd or dvd, WTF? I do not know what else to do but buy a different drive
Thanks, Jon

@ jon1996,

Note Forum Member DVD_ADDICT # 2 posting suggestion.

After obtaining a NEW Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable suggest reviewing the below Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable Web Link and note the comments concerning “Connector Assignments and Color Coding” and ensure that you have your IDE Devices installed correctly as detailed in the below Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable Web Link ->

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/confCable80-c.html

Connector Assignments and Color Coding:

The Blue connector attaches to the Motherboard.
The middle Gray connector attaches to the Slave Device.
The Black connector attaches to the Master Device.

Definitely ensure that you in fact have your Pioneer DVR-115D Jumper correctly jumpered as Master.

Ensure that you have your BIOS configured correctly for your specific IDE Channel configuration.

Ensure that your Pioneer DVR-115D is operating in the Ultra DMA 4 Mode (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616).

The Pioneer DVR-115D has a 1-year Warranty. If in fact ALL extensive troubleshooting definitely reveals a defective Pioneer DVR-115D you should not BUY a NEW Drive but contact NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=6) and request a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) for your defective Pioneer DVR-115D.

Regards,
bjkg

hello,
my ide cable is a 80 wire but it is not color coded, it is black on the MB, Gray for slave, and black at the end for master, But I double checked that the drive is set for master, it is in dma mode in my computer, but I will order a cable and see if that helps before I send it back

@ jon1996,

In your 3 postings in this thread you have not definitively stated if you have ensured your IDE Channels are configured correctly in your BIOS for your particular IDE Channel configuration.

Do not overlook the importance of ensuring that you have your BIOS configured correctly for your specific IDE Channel configuration. If you do not have your BIOS configured correctly for your specific IDE Channel configuration the Windows Operating System will not be able to recognize your Pioneer DVR-115D Drive which appears to be what’s occurring from your #3 posting comments ->

Also ensure that your Pioneer DVR-115D is operating SPECIFICALLY in the Ultra DMA 4 Mode. There are five different DMA Modes and it is important to ensure your Pioneer DVR-115D is operating SPECIFICALLY in the Ultra DMA 4 Mode.

Regards,
bjkg

Use this guide on how to check that your drive is in udma mode 4:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/forums/how-enable-dma-windows-with-pictures-t7625.html

I do not know exactly what you are talking about in the bios, I have no option of setting up the ide settings, it reconizes the drive because it is my first boot device right now, harddrive is second and sony is third, but I have included a screen shot of my settings, if that helps any

@ jon1996,

I am referring to your MotherBoard BIOS (basic input output system) ->

Each MotherBoard manufacture has different procedures for configuring the BIOS. Suggest referring to your MotherBoard “User Manual” for detailed information but the most common means is to access the BIOS configuration utility is during initial computer BootUp to hit the Delete Key. As stated each MotherBoard manufacture has specific particular configuration procedures for enabling hardware devices and you should refer to your MotherBoard “User Manual” for detailed information.

Is your Pioneer DVR-115D recognized during initial computer BootUp checksum? If so them it is safe to assume that your MotherBoard BIOS is configured correctly. If your Pioneer DVR-115D is not recognized during initial computer BootUp checksum them you should peruse checking your MotherBoard BIOS configuration.

Regards,
bjkg

i have two drives connected in this computer

[ol][li]Lite-On 20A1P [flashed @ 20A4P][/li]Secondary IDE Master [cable select]

[li]Pioneer 115DBK[/li]Secondary IDE Slave [cable select][/ol]

recently i had uninstalled a couple of dvd burning programs which i was no longer using. [including :Z Ner0 7 Suite, Prassi ONES and a few others.] after uninstalling the programs my Lite-On drive would not recognize dvd’s, whether burned or pressed. :frowning: however the Pioneer drive would read the same dvd’s with no problems. :slight_smile: so i uninstalled the IDE Controller from Device Manager. after windows reinstalled the drivers both drives were functioning correctly again. :slight_smile:

dont know if this will help you with your problem, just wanted to let you know that it worked for me. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=troy512;2115891]i have two drives connected in this computer

my Lite-On drive would not recognize dvd’s, whether burned or pressed. :frowning: however the Pioneer drive would read the same dvd’s with no problems. :slight_smile: so i uninstalled the IDE Controller from Device Manager. after windows reinstalled the drivers both drives were functioning correctly again. :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

Hi there,
I was browsing looking for info on which might be a good drive to replace my LITE-ON LH-20A1H when I saw this post which described my problem perfectly. Your solution fixed it for me and saved me buying a new drive I didn’t need. I registered on the site so I could say “Thanks a lot for posting”.

Loftanks :slight_smile:

your welcome Loftanks. :slight_smile: