Can someone give me a rundown on all the copy protection in common settings in DVDFab for mac

vbimport

I am using the free dvddecrypter on my mac to make back up copies of my movie dvd’s.

I want to make exact same quality 1:1 copies (in .ISO format) of my dvd’s but make them region free, universal, so when i burn them back to a blank disc, they will play in any dvd player.

I found the common settings in dvdfab, there are alot of settings, & they look a bit confusing.

I found the copy protection section, but I am not sure which items to leave checked off.

could someone explain them to me?

& i notice dvdfab dvddecrypter does not seem to offer saving to iso format, so how would I get my copies in iso format?

Look below in my signature, you’ll find something on common settings faq & tips not sure though if settings are the same for mac. :wink:

Thanks for the links, should I have dvdfab remove the layer break? or leave it in?

I want to make exact 1:1 copies of the dvd’s with only removing region & copy codes being the only difference.

[QUOTE=Sossity;2618535]Thanks for the links, should I have dvdfab remove the layer break? or leave it in?

I want to make exact 1:1 copies of the dvd’s with only removing region & copy codes being the only difference.[/QUOTE]

Firstly (as you’re already aware) there’s no such thing as an exact copy, as the protection, fake sectors and even unplayable content can all be removed during the copy process.

Leaving the existing layer break in generally won’t create any problems.

I know you’re using a Mac but check out the guide in my signature if you want a better idea of how layer breaks work in general.

[B]Wombler[/B]