Can someone explain this?

vbimport

I am not an avid burner, but have burnt successfully before many times. I am using the Benq DW 1610, using Nero 6.6. I bought some dvd -r’s (msonic I think), successfuly backed up a dvd. However it did not work in my player (jvc xvn-310b). However it did work in my firends player. He has successfully backed up disks of a different brand (name unknown) and they play in my JVC player. We agree to trade our inventory of media. I use the disks from him in my burner, I burn successful copies again, however they stilll do not play in my JVC player. How can the same media work in my JVC player from one burner and not from another? One thing I tried to do was adjust the burning speed in Nero 6.6. Ironically, it will only allow me to burn 4x. I cannot crank it back to 2.4x or 2x. I know in the past my player would have SVCD’s work at 8x but at 12x they would not work? Is this a nero problem, or a benq burner problem? How to fix so I can try burning at 2x? Right now I am scratching my head.

I own media I can burn for everyone else except me.

Jordan

One thread is enough. Please don’t cross-post. :cop:

As you’ve already received and responded to replies in your other thread I’ll leave it open but close this one.