Can PC Parts be replaced

About 2 years ago i built my PC. It has inevitably started to slow down and I am now starting to get into some video editing on Premiere and also wanting t use After Effects but my computer doesn’t really like it because it starts to run really slow when i try to use them. I was wondering if it is possible to just replace certain parts to make my computer “good as new” if possible.

Thanks

It would depend on your existing hardware and what you are wanting to add to it. Can you give some specs of the existing stuff and examples of what you want to add/change.

[QUOTE=Samuel4u;2046558]About 2 years ago i built my PC. It has inevitably started to slow down and I am now starting to get into some video editing on Premiere and also wanting t use After Effects but my computer doesn’t really like it because it starts to run really slow when i try to use them. I was wondering if it is possible to just replace certain parts to make my computer “good as new” if possible.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

As LOCOENG mentioned without knowing what is currently your hardware specs setup no one can give you much on recommendations.

Given how old his hardware is he most likely only can change video card (if its PCIe) and/or install more memory without wasting money (price/performance ratio). In other words, if you want a faster CPU you most likely need to change motherboard (along with CPU and memory) if its going to be worth it.
//Danne

For Video editing you need at least a machine with high CPU power. If you do it professioal or as “professional” hobby you should get a new board with a fast CPU.
With Adobe Premiere or After Effects a Core 2Quad should be supported since this are professioal tools. You should get at least 4GB RAM and should think about a 64 bit OS. I’m not sure if there are 64 bit versions of Premiere or After Effects.

If you’d get an Intel system you should look for a board with P35 or X38 Chipset. As CPU a C2Q Q9550, if you’d spend more money get a QX9650. The QX9770 is too expensife IMO. If you think a C2D is good enough get a E8400 or a E8500.
At least you need 2 fast HDDs. I’d get 2 or 3 good and fast SATA drives. MAybe a RAID0 is a good idea for faster HDD access during video encoding?

At least I’d assume a price for a good video editing system around 1200-1500€. If you spend this money you’ll have a really fast machine for your video stuff.