Can only read the dvd's in the burner

I have a nec 1300 burner and my problem is this
he burn’s the dvd whitout problems BUT i can only read the dvd’s in the burner not in players
i have try 3 interne dvd players and 1 externe they see no dvd
i use 2 differant systems to test the dvd burner
i have try 2 new burners i did go back to the store and got a other one and stil the same problem
i did use 3 differant brands of dvd r
mam, datatrack and platium
and 2 differant dvdrw + and - brand ifiniti
still the same problem
i did try every firmdate there was
from 1.05 to 1.08 the original en that from herrie
i did use differant ide cables other ide ports
i don’t know it anymore so i hope some one can help me whit this problem

thnx in advanced

Greeting Vampier

Most standalone players cannot read dvdrw’s , so let’s forget that anyway.

I have no idea what kind of standalone dvd readers you are using. My philips player works flawlessly with my writer (duh , it’s a philips as well :slight_smile: ) , but you could try to write a compressed (and ripped) dvd with CloneDVD. Leave everything intact (menu’s , languages , etc) and juse let CloneDVD recompress the thing.

i don’t speak now about stand alone dvd player
i talk about interne dvd players in a pc
i have 3 here and in all 3 the same result
i have try img , iso file and olso some data or mp3
stil the same dvd burner read it and the players not

:confused: :confused:

Very weird. And this is with any kind of dvd format and any kind of file format ?

Even when you write some local file on a dvd , close the session and try to read it ?

I’m lost then , sorry

yes even whit local files
i try everything i’m lost to

Hello! ur Computer DVD-rom players reads commercial dvds . if yes , I guess u haven`t copied ur dvds properly ( with ur dvd writer ) .

when i burn it whit al kind off prog i get no errors
and the burner read the dvd whitout problems
but when i put theme in a dvd player i can’t read the dvd’s

Originally posted by Vampier
when i burn it whit al kind off prog i get no errors
and the burner read the dvd whitout problems
but when i put theme in a dvd player i can’t read the dvd’s

do you mean all kinds of dvds or ur own burned ones???

whit all kind of burn progs and whit differant dvd’s brands
and i try iso file’s some data or mp3 files or whit rip’t dvd’s or downloaded dvd’s
he burn’s it all whitout errors and i can read all the dvd’s i burn in the burner
but not in dvd players

please give us brand and typenumbers

in case the dvd-players are one of the first players for computer,
i mean 2 speed, 4 speed 6 speed, chances are they do not read copied dvd-r or dvd+R

For instance, i have a samsung 612, doesn’t read anything exept pressed dvd’s.

the players are Aopen 16 speed dvd just 6 months old
and 2 QSI/CDRW/ DVD SBW-241
the brands off dvd’s are
infinity
mam
platium
datatrack

Looks like you burn dvd’s that are not closed session
in that case your writer can read them but your dvd-roms cannot.

try this

use nero make a compilation of mp3 files, and make sure you make a closed session disk, not a multisession

by the way. do your dvd-roms run copies from other persons?
if so, your burning method isn’t the right way, if not, your dvd-roms cannot read dvd-r or dvd+r

Its not only the Samsung 612 but also the 616F that cant read anything but pressed DVDs :frowning:

Vampier try using Infotool to get info on your DVD drive and see if it supports + or - or neither of them.

hehe im stuck with exactly the same problem and hes not talking about samsung he has nec nec…is dual…

i have gotten my burner like yesterday and this shit barely moves i mean i havent tried to burn dvds yet …only one cd and the same exact thing happens to me too it only reads in the burner

Originally posted by kevc
hehe im stuck with exactly the same problem and hes not talking about samsung he has nec nec…is dual…
I was refering to Hanfra’s DVD drive not Vampier’s DVD recorder :wink:

Anyways, since you do have problems reading the DVDs in your DVD drive (and not the DVD recorder drive), as i suggested what you can try first is to check whether your DVD drives support reading DVD+R,-R etc formats. As i said my Samsung 616 doesnt too.

no man i got something else a lot more annoying than this one…
im trying to burn cdr’s with my burner and the thing is it only plays them in the burner …and nothing other than the burner whether its a cd-rom,dvd-rom etc…