Can not perform end of disc-at-once

Hi guys,

Thanks for a great, useful forum - I’m a complete noob when it comes to DVD Writers so this site has been a BIG help !!!

Hoping somebody will be able to help with my problem (and hoping it’s not something too basic as I’ve been struggling for days now…)

I bought a Sony DWU-18A and some cheap DVD+R’s (unbranded) to play with and couldn’t get the drive to read the discs (it would keep flashing and beeping). Bought some more cheap discs of a different brand (bulkpaq) and hit the same problem.
Thought this was probably due to media compatability so after a bit of research and discovering that the drive could be firmware updated to the Lite-on 832s I went ahead and did this.
This didn’t make any difference and then I found this site which told me that the drive doesn’t like cheap discs. Found a recomendation for Verbatim+R’s so went ahead and got some.

The drive finds & recognises the media fine but I have not yet managed a successful burn…
It either starts burning and throws out an error when it’s finished saying can not perform end of disc-at-once or it burns successfully and when Nero tries to verify the burn it advises that it can’t mount the burnt DVD. If this DVD is then accessed outside of Nero, the drive doesn’t recognise the media (light flashes & beeps).

I have tried lots of different ways of burning through Nero 2.3.1.6 and several of the different firmware versions but always end up with one of the above.

As I say, I’m a real noob with anything DVD so if you need any more info, I’ll try and find it for you…

Please help me !

Many thanks,
Baz.

Sorry, Verbatim’s are +RW (Don’t know if that makes any difference to the problem…)

Baz.

Upgrading Nero might .

Sorry - bad typing again.

The version of Nero I’m running is 6.3.1.6…

Yes it happens often. When the drive can not write to the media properly it gives this error. I have found that sometimes, Even though it can write the data properly, it still pops this out. But the data was written out okay and the disk is redable. Since its mostly have to do with multi-session stuff. So it is a media/drive issue where the drive can not write to the media properly.

Yea I know, no solutions :slight_smile: I changed the media and used different write strats.

Is sony packing nero V6 now? Unless you know for sure your version of Nero works properly you should do a search on Nero’s you got from friends.

It was an OEM Sony so no software included.

Thanks for the tip - I’ll try a different version…

(Yeah, i see the date :cool: )

I have the same problem now. I have LG GSA-4163B writter and have the latest firmware. I’m using Nero 6.6.0.5 (or Nero 7) and always getting this error. Few weeks ago everything was fine. Can anybody help?

I’m using ARITA DVDs and they’ve been working fine till now.

Yes it happens often. When the drive can not write to the media properly it gives this error. I have found that sometimes, Even though it can write the data properly, it still pops this out. But the data was written out okay and the disk is redable. Since its mostly have to do with multi-session stuff. So it is a media/drive issue where the drive can not write to the media properly.

I get this error before anything is written to the DVD.

You should have started a new thread of your own rather than resurrect one so old.

Anyway the only way to help you is for you to save a Nero log and post it back here.

Ok, here’s the log.

Update Nero to 6.6.1.4.
Use better media.
Disable bitsetting!
[B]14:22:43 #21 Text 0 File DVDR.cpp, Line 4831
Drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B
Book Type request: DVD-ROM
Book Type setting not supported for the loaded disc type[/B]