Can not flash 811s to hs0k

vbimport

Hi!

I have a brand new LDW-811s and when I try to burn a Video-DVD with about 3 GB Nero tells me, that I should insert a medium with more space..a Memorex 4,7GB DVD-R is insterted.

So I hope that the new firmware can read this DCDs correctly, but I can not flash my drive!

It's found, but then, when "Inquiry" is reade it tells me, that its unable to flash my drive and I should contact my vendor. I contacted lite on several days ago, no answer.

So I searched this forum and found some similar problems, but people had success with mktflash, a DOS programm.

I tried a tool to extract a bin out of my exe, since I did not find any bin, it did not work.

So how can I update my drive now?
Any bins out there?

Thy alot,
RA-Punzel

Have you tried FlashFix in conjunction with the exe?

Edit: Better yet, go here for the .bin you need (near the bottom). You can use the LtnFW program to load the firmware from windows if you want. Check my sig for the link/more info.

-Cheers

it says, the 40mb limit is exceeded…

an yes, i have tried flash fix and it did not work

Did you get the “latest” 0K firmware ? There was a flash problem with the first 0K release.

how do i now if its te right one?
i did download now for ~5 times (3 ties form liteonit, 2 times other soruces)…just to be sure, its not a defect file…

RA-Punzel72:

You have an ASPI problem. Just copy over the wnaspi32.dll from your nero directory to windows\system32

I have spend a half of a day to reveal this :slight_smile: (mobo driver reinstall, kprobe reinstall etc…)

Originally posted by freddirty
[B]RA-Punzel72:

You have an ASPI problem. Just copy over the wnaspi32.dll from your nero directory to windows\system32

I have spend a half of a day to reveal this :slight_smile: (mobo driver reinstall, kprobe reinstall etc…) [/B]

i am sorry, this did not work either

i have copied the file (152kb instead of the original 44 kb), restarted windows, did download yesterday the hs0k.exe just to be sure its the newest one.

i have included the error message as .gif

i know this may sound silly but u are loged in as administrator mayme windows is stopping this because u are using a nonadmin acount on the pc along shot but u never know hope this helps

Originally posted by frosty
i know this may sound silly but u are loged in as administrator mayme windows is stopping this because u are using a nonadmin acount on the pc along shot but u never know hope this helps

i use “the” admin account

Hi,

If it’s using IDE have you made sure the IDE cable is properly connected at both ends ?

Andy

it is
i have disconnected the slave (dvd-rom) for testing too, nothings works!

I have swapped master and slave (811s was master before, now slave), did not work either.
Since the 811s was master before it was now on the wrong cable postion (Master=end of IDE Cable), so I swapped the drives into correct positions.

And…it worked!

Maybe its really a slightly defect cable ( I did burn a +RW with no problems, so I doubt that) or it’s that the Flasher did not like my combination of
Pioneer DVD-116 DVD-Rom (Firmware: 1.22 region free) as slave and the 811s as master.

With the 811s as slave the Flasher worked AND I just burn my Video-DVD on my Memorex with no problems :slight_smile:

An big THANK YOU to all of you four ypur ideas and help :slight_smile: