Can not copy to DVD from HDD (Pioneer DVR-530H-S)

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-530H-S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Ihave a problem in copying from the HDD to a DVD on my recorder. I insert a DVD-r and program the machine and it starts but then after a short period comes up with an error message can not copy to this disk. I have then tried to use it to record on my computer and it does not recognise the disk. Obviously the DVD recorder is starting the initialisation of the disk but for some reason stops.

Welcome to the forum. What kind of media (brand) are you using?

I have a Pioneer DVR-531 and have had this happen before, usually when I try to use some older 8x DVD-r’s I have. Switching to some newer 16X -r verbatims has always corrected the problem.

[QUOTE=Latneys;2220204][qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-530H-S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Ihave a problem in copying from the HDD to a DVD on my recorder. I insert a DVD-r and program the machine and it starts but then after a short period comes up with an error message can not copy to this disk. I have then tried to use it to record on my computer and it does not recognise the disk. Obviously the DVD recorder is starting the initialisation of the disk but for some reason stops.[/QUOTE]

Did you notice this specs on the product???

Problems & Support for this product
You can find all the questions that have been asked about the Pioneer DVR-530H-S below.

* New!Can not copy to DVD from HDD

Did you check this product specs I did and that the biggest reason I wouldn’t buy this unit. You should go and return and get a refund and get a unit that allows you to record to DVD from HDD.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2220293]Did you notice this specs on the product???

Problems & Support for this product
You can find all the questions that have been asked about the Pioneer DVR-530H-S below.

[B] * New!Can not copy to DVD from HDD[/B]
Did you check this product specs I did and that the biggest reason I wouldn’t buy this unit. You should go and return and get a refund and get a unit that allows you to record to DVD from HDD.[/QUOTE]

That is a reference to this new thread titled “Can not copy to DVD from HDD” [B]not[/B] a part of the specs for this machine.

Well I’ll be…hmm…

[QUOTE=Latneys;2220204][qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-530H-S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Ihave a problem in copying from the HDD to a DVD on my recorder. I insert a DVD-r and program the machine and it starts but then after a short period comes up with an error message can not copy to this disk. I have then tried to use it to record on my computer and it does not recognise the disk. Obviously the DVD recorder is starting the initialisation of the disk but for some reason stops.[/QUOTE]
After some of the tv channels in denmark have changed aspect I have the same problem. I can record to the hard disk and directly to a dvd, but I can’t make a copy because the acpect keeps changing. My Pioneer does not know the new aspect.