Can Not Burn Correctly With Memorex +R media

I There, the reason of this post, is on difficulties in making sucefull bruns with memorex +r printable surface media. I´ve already tried to make an update of the original firmware to the most recent one (from the lite-on web page), but the problem keeps going on…I´m using dvd decryter v.3.5.1.0 and after the burn as the verification of data is running, i´ve got an error msg, and in fact, when a try to play the dvd, after a while i got problems in playing it correctly.The strange is that, for the 10 dvd´s that i bought, i only could make the correct burn and verification of data on 3 of them,the other ones,it didn´t work out!!
I wonder why??? Why is this happening?? Can someone help me out here,because i really want to burn with this dvd´s,because the printable area are different from the other medias, they have can be printable in a larger area.

My Dvd-rom drive is an LDW-401S.
The media that i´m using is identify by the dvd_identifier as :

** INFO : Drive = LITE-ON DVD+RW LDW-401S [FW ES0M]
** INFO : Write Capabilities = DVD+R DVD+RW
** INFO : Disc = [DVD+R:CMC MAG-E01-000]

Thanks…

Post a kprobe 2.4.2 scan at 4x read speed of a good and a bad disk.

I really don´t know if i understand correctly what you asked for…but i made the download of the program and here are the links here you can find the post of the badvd (the one which didn´t complete the verification of data sucefully) and the other one, the goodvd link.

http://ramtamplam.no.sapo.pt/badvd.jpg

http://ramtamplam.no.sapo.pt/goodvd.jpg

I also send in .txt files the result of the test, that this program made.

@Ramtamplam thanks for the scans and the text, :slight_smile: but we don’t need the text. Also. an easy way to attach a kprobe scan is by saving after scan as a .png, clicking the diskette icon in the upper right corner. Then attach with the ‘manage attachments’ button in the ‘go advanced’ reply window. :slight_smile:
As for your scans they are pretty bad. PIF’s maximum need to be under 4. If you are insistant to use the media you have, it may be a bit of a search to find a firmware or strategy swap that will work well for it. maybe someone else will share their experience. Until you use a media that we know burns well, it may be hard to diagnose other potential underlying causes for your bad burns. I hope there is a better answer than mine :slight_smile:

Where did you buy those MEMOREX DVD+R ??? There are 2 kinds of memorex, the good memorex and the CRAP memorex. The good memorex are the RICOHJPNR01 and the ones you want to avoid are CMC MAG-F01 - Unfortunately Memorex is now using CMC to save a few cents on production costs - so you will be extremely lucky to find RICOHJPNR01 on MEMOREX +Rs… The CMCs are variable in quality - and in my books CRAP most of the time, especially towards the end of a disc.

I’d recommend you stay with RICOHJPN based media or YUDENxxxx (Tayo Yuden) those are the 2 best in terms of quality and longevity.