Can no longer play movies on my DVD player

For some reason (using the same discs and burner) with the combination you see below in my signature…my DVD player which always read and played every disc fine now either won’t read the disc at all or will read but not play. I’m not sure if the AI scanner has anything to do with it…which defaults to thoroughly and says disabling it is not recommended…yet I’m pretty sure the older AnyDVD versions I used either didn’t have that feature yet or had it defaulted to off.

I’m using DVD Shrink/Nero 8.1.1.4 Ultra with AnyDVD running with no other programs opened.

Please help ASAP!

3 different movies all had the same results I typed above. The 3 movies will play on the dvd writer used to burn them with Windows Media player properly.

Update: CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD properly plays with my DVD player. Any ideas why DVD Shrink/Nero 8 won’t work anymore as it always has in the past?

[QUOTE=arif1979;1943525]Update: CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD properly plays with my DVD player. Any ideas why DVD Shrink/Nero 8 won’t work anymore as it always has in the past?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what version of DVD shrink your using??? You might want to go and check out the dvd shrink forum if they have one and see what other users have said about running it with Nero 8. Could be a software installation conflict as they both are tying up the same resources for the same function.

What media are you using and how fast are you burning it at?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1943686]Depends on what version of DVD shrink your using??? You might want to go and check out the dvd shrink forum if they have one and see what other users have said about running it with Nero 8. Could be a software installation conflict as they both are tying up the same resources for the same function.[/QUOTE]

There is no shrink forum now I think? I wouldn’t auto burn with nero and make an ISO with shrink then open nero rom and use +R (RW) media and be sure to booktype to DVD-ROM.

[QUOTE=linx05;1944187]What media are you using and how fast are you burning it at?[/QUOTE]

This may be the issue as well.

Are you using single or DL dvd’s?

I’m using the discs that are in my signature…single layer…same discs I’ve used for at least a year or so. I think maybe nero 8 is ruining it.

I always have burned at 8X and had excellent results using nero’s tests.

hi, i had similar problems with my DVDs not playing on my dvd player. They play fine on my computer but not on the TV. I just tried using Nero 6 instead of the newer versions and it worked !!! I’m pretty sure the problem is the newer version of nero. Try Nero 6 with DVDshrink and i bet it will work fine. It did for me.

Hey acid did you happend to read the Last posted date… was over 2 years ago…be sure to read the posted date before posting out dated links…