Can new Alcohol 120% 1.9.2 backup the new SD 3.20?

And are made by DEViANCE or FairLight ?

They’re the one I purchased. I use AnyDVD and DVDShrink.

I was thinking MOVIES…

:o

Hi Sinister,

you made working backups of copy protected DVD games using AnyDVD and DVDShrink :confused:. You’re not talking about movies?

Well Slap my A** and call me Sally.
I haven’t purchased a DVD Game. I thought when Cyber said about DVD and Safedisc. My thinking went to DVD Movies not Games.

Well Slap my A** and call me Sally.

no problem Sinister :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Shouldnt that be Sally :stuck_out_tongue:

Either way, i am now intrigued, so not even a liteon dvd writer in conjunction with BW or alcohol etal can back up dvd games, even if the game and/or protection is back-upable (sp?) if it was on CD?

No dvd writer can successfully copy a safedisc or securom protected dvd because no dvd writer can write dvds in raw mode.

theres a topic about gay alcohol software and the gay varirate feature, maybe you can vote here for developing this…

http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?showtopic=12639

Sorry, I may be going off topic, and not have made my question clear in my last post, I realise my mistake, I said DVD instead of CD … If a game is on CD, rather than DVD, would it be able to be backed up properly using a Liteon dvdwriter?

I am asking as I want to purchase a new DVD writer after both my LTR48246S developed a weird problem in that it constantly just ejects the cd tray, so I have binned it, and my Pioneer106D has developed a calibration error every time I try and use it either through nero/120% or BW.

The DVD Writer i am looking for is a Liteon 832S (£87 from overclockers uk) or either an 851S (no link sorry but £57 from overclockers UK) or a 812S (again no link but £61 from overclockers uk)

Hope that explains my original question, and apologies again for not making it clear, and getting it wrong :slight_smile:

My understanding is that all the Lite-on dvd writers are 2 sheep efm cd burners so, in theory, they ought to be able to handle safedisc 3.20 at least when the back-up copy is run from some reading devices.

However, posts elsewhere on the forum indicate that Liteys generally have become hit or miss with sd 3.15+ and that even when they’re a hit the back-up copy won’t run from some drives.

Btw, the inability for a back-up copy of a safedisc 3.15+ protected cd to run from all drives appears to be practically universal applying also to drives that, unlike Lite-ons, can invariably make a copy that will work at least from some drives (e.g. Asus CRW-5224A).