Can new Alcohol 120% 1.9.2 backup the new SD 3.20?

vbimport

Hi guys,

This is all we have been waiting for the new version of alcohol, is anyone here know whether this new version can be able to back up the new SD 3.2?

Yes, if you have the right reader/writer combination (but then so could the previous version). :slight_smile:

Finally - a new version!
Whats new in this one i wonder blacklisting sorted i hope.

i have the registered older version (1.4.8) , can i update for free? Cos i dloaded the updated trial version and it sez i need 2 buy it again? I bought it online…

I cant see no difference between this and the previous version apart from that the datatype list has been updated

Originally posted by SleepyDragon
[B]Hi guys,

This is all we have been waiting for the new version of alcohol, is anyone here know whether this new version can be able to back up the new SD 3.2? [/B]

well it does SD1/2/3 so it should copy SD 3.2

ps i think most blacklistin have been fixed

Originally posted by kaybing27
i have the registered older version (1.4.8) , can i update for free? Cos i dloaded the updated trial version and it sez i need 2 buy it again? I bought it online…

You just need to login on the front web page with your data and you can download the right version.

blacklisting has been addressed and fixed, securom 5 and sd3.2 is ok now

Originally posted by merther02
blacklisting has been addressed and fixed, securom 5 and sd3.2 is ok now

Hi Merther, so when you say securom 5 is ok now, do you mean the new alcohol 1.9.2 can use the plex premium varirec, to make non- emu copies?

I looked on the alcohol site, for its features, writing modes, etc. But didnt see anything related to varirec support.

Maybe stick with blindwrite for securom 4.8x and up for now if you are a premium user?

Hi RoscoeMcGurk,

as far as I know they won’t support the plextor premium features because the method can be balcklisted easily and it’s not neccesary for the majority of the people because les people got one. Maybe I’m mixing something but I’m quite sure about these two facts. There was a thread at cdfreaks or at alcohol support forum but I can’t remember where I read it. If I’m wrong please correct me others will probably know more about this :slight_smile:

@kalas

Blacklisted, really? I thought a copy made with premium + blindwrite + varirate writing, made an almost (or absolute) perfect 1:1 copy? (except of course being a cd-r instead of a pressed cd, and needing atip hide to play in burner)

How would they blacklist a copy written with varirec thats basically a 1:1 copy, that runs in pretty much any drive with no emulation?

I would think more likely a copy made with twinpeaks would be blacklisted, but i’m no expert.

Can anyone clarify on this?:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Found it Gurk look here for blacklisting http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?showtopic=11966&hl=plextor+premium+support

Ahhh thank you kalas! :bigsmile:

I still wonder though, that post is interesting but a little vague. Does a varirec backup leave some kind of a signature they could detect I wonder? Still seems way more likely that a twinpeak copy could be blacklisted rather, and the 3rd alternative- an emu copy :Z --i’d rather not, like many people.

I have yet to hear of a twinpeak or premium varirate copy being blacklisted by any game or game patch. Maybe it will happen, maybe it WONT. So I wonder why alcohol doesnt just add the support for varirec? It might not ever happen and they already give up or what? Blindwrites had it for awhile already.

From that post kalas provided, and other things I’ve read lately, seems like their attitude is- "just give up and use our emu…
No offense to alcohol team, I know youve put in MANY hard hours on Alcohol, and its a VERY nice proggie. But I’d be more inclined to buy your product if it at least made an attempt for this like Blindwrite does. Many others also don’t want emulated copies.

My apologies for straying from topic of sd3, and I really don’t mean any offense to alcohol team. In my opinion you guys do great work besides
:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Many times if you make new bwa of premium copy and compare it to original, you will absolute density will be different. That is, graph will be shifted up or down. Securom (atm) uses relative densities (of peaks) so it still works. But this is one reason that premium method doesn’t work for sf3; sf3 uses absoulte densitites.

Originally posted by RoscoeMcGurk
[B]Hi Merther, so when you say securom 5 is ok now, do you mean the new alcohol 1.9.2 can use the plex premium varirec, to make non- emu copies?

I looked on the alcohol site, for its features, writing modes, etc. But didnt see anything related to varirec support.

Maybe stick with blindwrite for securom 4.8x and up for now if you are a premium user? [/B]

i meant the emulation

I’m probley in the wrong post new here 2nd post but is there a how to for Alcohol 120% (for dvd)1.4.8 what do you use it for and are there guids I have no clue about it (Alcohol 120%)Thank You

no you’ll have to use clonecd for that i think.

Copy Protected DVDs by SafeDisc cannot be backed up at the moment:)

Yeah even if you could make a decent image, you wouldnt be able to burn it.

What? Are you kidding?

I have made back up copies of numerous DVD’s a lot of them are latest releases.