Can Nero Ultra Span DVDs with data or not?

vbimport

I am used to Roxio Creator Classic but assume that Nero can also do what I want to do now that I went to their latest release? I want to write 10GB and 20GB folders of digital photos and music to DVDs for archiving/backup purposes…can Nero not allow me to write the ‘compilation’ to 3 DVD-Rs or 5 DVD-Rs (SL) ?
With Roxio ECC it would just say you’ll need X number of DVDs and it would prompt you to swap them one after another as it wrote them. Can Nero really not do this w/o using BackItUp? I don;t want compressed files or a proprietary format or catalog- just archived DVDs I can stick in any computer in case of disaster. :confused:

Nero MUST be able to span DVDs like Roxio no? To be clear, I want to write 20GB to DVDs e.g…can not it just tell me "This will need 5 DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs or 3 DVD+R DLs and then prompt for one after the other write???

Nero 6.6 and earlier cannot (automatically) span a project on multiple media. I don’t think Nero 7 can do it either, but I don’t have it myself so I could be wrong.

The following thread may be of interest to you:

Best Backup Software for Spanning DVDs

Thanks for reply. Guess I will stick to Roxio for now although it’s not ideal it does span DVDs.

Thanks for reply. Guess I will stick to Roxio for now although it’s not ideal it does span DVDs.