Can NERO Linux be used to rip CD's

vbimport

Can NERO Linux be used to rip CD’s to hard drive? Does it have encoding ability to either encode ripped wav’s to MP3, or rip directly to MP3?

Lastly - Can I drag MP3’s to the burn window of an Audio template, and have it convert the MP3 to CDA on the fly (for playing in my car CD)?

Thanks…

[QUOTE=crjackson;1999588]Can NERO Linux be used to rip CD’s to hard drive?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Simply use the Image Recorder as recording device. You will then get NRG image files that you can then store on your hard drive.

[QUOTE=crjackson;1999588]Does it have encoding ability to either encode ripped wav’s to MP3, or rip directly to MP3?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Simply select ‘Extras -> Encode Files’ and play with the dialog that pops up.

[QUOTE=crjackson;1999588]Lastly - Can I drag MP3’s to the burn window of an Audio template, and have it convert the MP3 to CDA on the fly (for playing in my car CD)?[/QUOTE]
Of course! All the audio files that can be converted to CDA on the fly are marked with a specific icon in Nero Linux file browser.

Okay, I’m sold then. Thanks for the information. I’ve been a long time NERO customer with windows, and now again on Ubuntu. Thanks so much…