Can ne1 explain to me why my results are this bad?

vbimport

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me why my results are so awful.
It’s the 5th DVD-R ive scanned now and each result has been the same.
I my writer was a Pioneer 112D which when i scanned i was getting the yellow line not dip at all (all burned with Taiyo Yeden DVD-R’s) . Now i have a new batch of blank Taiyo Yuden DVD-R’s (Media Code (GG007077)) and a new DVD writer and these are the results im getting with the new writer and new blank DVD-R’s.

Info:
[22:13:56] Disc: DVD-R, 4.09 GB, TYG02
[22:13:56] Drive: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D 1.22
[22:13:56] Disc: DVD-R, 4.09 GB, TYG02
[22:14:08] Starting transfer rate test
[22:21:36] Speed:5-7 X P-CAV (7.13 X average)
[22:21:36] Elapsed Time: 7:27

What can i do to solve this issue and ake it so i weas getting just as good a burns as i was with my old drive where the green line stays straight and the yellow line goes up to 16?

Cheers.

Are the TYs a VALUE line or premium? If Value line—remember that they are seconds aka rejects.

What speed did you burn this new batch of discs at (as some drives will overspeed them to 12x)?

Have you tried a different batch of TYs/another brand of discs to see if they TRT with the same results?

Just on the off-chance, is the DMA for your 115D set correctly (i.e. UDMA Mode 4, not PIO Mode) in Device Manager?

BTW, the yellow line is the drive’s RPMs and should be a straight line across the graph…as you say, the green line should be a nice smooth upward curve, though.

VALUE line or premium… How would i check this??

I burn them at 6x. It says on the pack that they’re 8x. I always have burned 8x TY DVD-R’s at 6x though and got very good results.

I went in device manager and checked and all primary and 2ndry devices seem to be set at ‘DMA if available’ this is ok right?

Is there anything elsei can do?

Cheers guys.

[QUOTE=jason69uk;2457514]
I burn them at 6x. It says on the pack that they’re 8x. I always have burned 8x TY DVD-R’s at 6x though and got very good results.

I went in device manager and checked and all primary and 2ndry devices seem to be set at ‘DMA if available’ this is ok right?[/QUOTE]

“DMA if available” can be a bit misleading - the important bit is the Current Transfer Mode. What you want to make sure of is that nothing in that bit says “PIO Mode” :slight_smile:

As I said, have you tried another brand to see if it’s just the TYs acting this way? I had the 115D myself BTW, and it’ll burn the TYs nicely at the rated 8x. :wink:

it looks more of a data transfer issue than a media issue to me.

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2458193]it looks more of a data transfer issue than a media issue to me.[/QUOTE]

That was my main thought as well :iagree:

Media was worth investigating on the off-chance (you know to cover all bases) though :slight_smile:

Wonder if the OP has found the culprit yet?