Can my liton dvd/ltd163d read safedisk 2.51 and up

vbimport

i was wondering if i could back up safedisk 2.51 and up if i read whith my new liton dvd ltd 163d and burn whith my plextor 24/10/40 has enyone tried.is it any good for reading.

sorry about jumping in on your post mate but i would like to no this to !!!

i have a liteon ltd 163 d 16x48x

and 48125W

if i copy on the fly can i copy all pc based protections ?
i no about tages and starforce but i live in the uk so there very rare :stuck_out_tongue:

i no about audio protections to !! some are copyable with tweaks or settings !!!

tnx…
lee…:bow: :bow: :bow: :cop:

cicotte,
Only way your going to find out here is to get your feet wet and burn either Command Conquer Renegade or Medal Of Honor. Both of these games are SD 2.51.021. I own a Plexy 24x and burned C@C Renegade but the backup will only play in my Plexy drive with “hide CD-R” option ticked.

Shoebedobedoo
:bigsmile: :smiley: :cool:

the ltd 163 is a very good reader…the plex 2410 however does not perform true efm encoding…key to sd2.51.021 backups…with that said if you enable amplify weak sectors(AWS) in clonecd 4 you should be able to make a good backup …that can be read in any cdrom or dvdrom…if you use a cdrw you will need to enable hide cdr media as the protection will cause the cdrw to look for an ATIP which is found on a cdr and the protection will cause it to fail…but hide cdr media disables this essentially

so …
read option…
Fast error skip only…nothing else

write:
AWS on
close last session
nothing else and burn away…

good luck

Your dvd certainly won’t have any problems reading the latest sd2 cds. Not sure about the plex for writing. I think it would probably work with AWS but not otherwise.

My understanding is that the 48125W will make a straight copy of SD 2.51.

thanks for the input i wanted to know how the liton dvd faired for reading safe disk 2xxx if it reads it that’s great i herd plex 24’s weekness is the reading emf encoding but it’s capable of burning it so i guss ill get my feet wet and pick up a 2.51 up game.thanks

can someone please answer my questions above please !

tnx …

Lee…

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bigsmile: :rolleyes:

The LTD-163/165 and the range of LTRs from 24102B onwards will backupup on the fly quite easily - even late revisions of SD2. Separate channels is good but the ATA4 standard can cope woth reader/writer on the same channel. DMA must be enabled, load the latest chipset drivers and you should use 40 pin/80 wire UDMA cables. If the devices are attached with disks then you must use the UDMA66+ cable (blue, grey & black connectors - master must be on the end).

If you have a few near misses then you might have have device running in PIO Mode, slow disks (Multiword or even PIO) or a slow 486 (SX/DX33 perhaps?).

Burning freaks and “I just wanna back up my games” types alike should use the fast dump feature of D-Tools:

Ensure D-Tools is running and SafeDisc emulation (emu) is “on” by ticking it
Place the disc in the reader
Install and setup and play a bit
Exit the game - leave the disc
Read the disc as normal and the errors should fly-by

To test a RAW image attempt to play it from D-Tools without emu. If it won’t run, two things: (1) the installation drive letter is ‘hard-wired’ into the registry (install from the Phanton CD-ROM and play). (2)…bad read, or you may have expected this with your cooked reader and need emu anyway :wink:

Tested with LTR-24102B master and LTD-163 slave on IDE2, with PIII 933 on a MSI, Intel 815EP, Pro-R (6337 w/RAID)…np

Virus2k …too reiterate Futureproof…the combo you have will do all PC protections except what you noted …of course we do not know what the future holds…

As for on the fly…I have done SD2, securom new with my LTD 163 and 24102B without a hitch…but I prefer to use my HDD to make sure the backup goes smooth…

I did try to backup Spiderman for the PC (US version)… on the fly at 48x with my LTD 163 and converted 48125W…I think this mode 2 disc or something and the read could not keep up on my system…it ended up at 24x…

If there is no protection, securom or even SD2(once gets past the errors) I think on the fly can be done well…but certain disc modes will slow you down…one of the other mods…pointed this out to me…

Originally posted by nealh
[B]Virus2k …too reiterate Futureproof…the combo you have will do all PC protections except what you noted …of course we do not know what the future holds…

As for on the fly…I have done SD2, securom new with my LTD 163 and 24102B without a hitch…but I prefer to use my HDD to make sure the backup goes smooth…

I did try to backup Spiderman for the PC (US version)… on the fly at 48x with my LTD 163 and converted 48125W…I think this mode 2 disc or something and the read could not keep up on my system…it ended up at 24x…

If there is no protection, securom or even SD2(once gets past the errors) I think on the fly can be done well…but certain disc modes will slow you down…one of the other mods…pointed this out to me… [/B]

tnx mate for all your info

thats all i needed to no cheers bud…

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bigsmile: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

glad I could help