Can my DVD Writer, write Dual Layer DVDs?

vbimport

Can my dvd writer, write dual layer discs?

I have a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162Z ATA Device.

I tried using the nero info tools, but unfortunately, I use a windows 7 and it won’t install. On my system, I also have Nero 7.

Would I be able to burn a dual layer disc? :slight_smile:

• Haejin

[QUOTE=haejin;2477169]Can my dvd writer, write dual layer discs?

I have a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162Z ATA Device.

I tried using the nero info tools, but unfortunately, I use a windows 7 and it won’t install. On my system, I also have Nero 7.

Would I be able to burn a dual layer disc? :slight_smile:

• Haejin[/QUOTE]

Did you at least go to the manufacture site to see what their specs on the drive was? Is this a separate purchase or package drive? And what did the neroinfo tool tell you can you give a screen shot of that??? If it can burn dvd it will tell you on that info screen.

According to Samsung, this model should be able to write to DL media, both +R and -R. I advise only using Verbatim brand +R DL disks however. http://www.samsung.com/me/products/opticaldiskdrive/dvd_w/sh_w162z.asp

Use ImgBurn for double layer burns. It is a free burning program found here: www.imgburn.com ImgBurn has the ability to show a drive’s capabilities, like Nero InfoTool. Within ImgBurn, look at Tools–>Drive–>Capability. Imgburn works very well in Win 7.

Imgburn works very well in Win 7.

And, under Tools -> Drive -> Capabilities, will tell you what you can burn. It’ll also check for the latest firmware, if you ask nice.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2477176]Did you at least go to the manufacture site to see what their specs on the drive was? Is this a separate purchase or package drive? And what did the neroinfo tool tell you can you give a screen shot of that??? If it can burn dvd it will tell you on that info screen.[/QUOTE]

It is a package purchase, so I cant ask them. =/ I didn’t get to install neroinfo so I didn’t get any information at all. =/

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2477181]According to Samsung, this model should be able to write to DL media, both +R and -R. I advise only using Verbatim brand +R DL disks however. http://www.samsung.com/me/products/opticaldiskdrive/dvd_w/sh_w162z.asp

Use ImgBurn for double layer burns. It is a free burning program found here: www.imgburn.com ImgBurn has the ability to show a drive’s capabilities, like Nero InfoTool. Within ImgBurn, look at Tools–>Drive–>Capability. Imgburn works very well in Win 7.[/QUOTE]

I see, thank you, thank you. I have tried installing it. Never mind it. I’ve seen it. I can burn DVD + RW and DVD+R DLs. Thanks so much! =D

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2477190]And, under Tools -> Drive -> Capabilities, will tell you what you can burn. It’ll also check for the latest firmware, if you ask nice.[/QUOTE]

I see now. Thank you so much as well! Did I sounded rude while asking? I apologize. (:

Thank you so much you three! =D

Did I sounded rude while asking? I apologize. (:

Not at all, I was trying to be funny…

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2477211]Not at all, I was trying to be funny…[/QUOTE]

Sorry if that was some sorta, I couldn’t get a joke type of thing. XD I just don’t like the feeling of offending people without knowing it. XD!