Can I use two burners on my desk top?

vbimport

One being my present 52x cd burner.

I would like to replace the cdrom with an internal dvd burner.

The dvd burner is 32x so I would like to keep the 52x cd burner.

Should I anticipate problems?

:confused:

Yep that is possible. In fact it seems most people currectly have a CD and then a DVD burner in there system.

Check this out if you don’t believe me.

I can’t think of any problems that you should have. Just make sure that one drive is slave and one is master. If I remember correctly most people like to have the DVD burner as master.

… Just don’t try to use them both at the same time unless they’re connected on two separate IDE cables. But otherwise, you’re fine. :slight_smile:

Currently, i have a cd-r and a dvd-r on the same channel…no probs…but above post is correct…I only use on or the other on any given project…:slight_smile:

If you should chose to try to burn 2 projects at once…both burners need to be on seperate IDE channels…:slight_smile:

Originally posted by ZigZagMan
[B]Currently, i have a cd-r and a dvd-r on the same channel…no probs…but above post is correct…I only use on or the other on any given project…:slight_smile:

If you should chose to try to burn 2 projects at once…both burners need to be on seperate IDE channels…:slight_smile: [/B]
Unless your useing one to read and one to write as in disk to disk do this all the time with mine :wink: :wink: