Can I use PlexTools Professional to burn DVD-Video?

vbimport

I’ve already authored my first DVD with DVDMaestro.
The compiled files and directory(AUDIO_TS,VIDEO_TS) is already available.
I think the DVD structure is just that simple, so I think if can just use “DVD-ROM maker” to burn it, instead of Nero.
I just throw these two directory to the root directory of the DVD, and use the “DVD-ROM maker” in PlexTools.
Is it possible?

NO you cant sorry it does not have correct options

Nope won’t work. You either need Nero’s special DVD-Video project or use ImgTools to create a valid DVD-Video ISO from the files.

Maybe I only said that 10 times, which might not be enough.

Nero can’t create valid DVD-Video discs/images, regardless of how much you’ve payed for it

'Scuse me for butting in regarding a subject that I know very little about (I use DVD for data, and have made only 3 DVD Videos in my time), but I think the original poster was asking whether he can make a DVD Video with Plextools, not Nero.

I can confirm to Valeron that in making DVD Videos I did indeed (perhaps naively) just write the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directories (that had been created by DVDShrink) to a DVD+R via Plextools’ DVD-ROM maker (with bitsetting on). The resulting discs play back fine in my cheap DVD Player.

Have I just been lucky? Should this not have worked?

Players which can do more than just DVD-Video, for example players which can also read MP3 or even AVI files with mpeg4 video, are often happy if just the files are present.

It’s pretty funny, but yes, cheap players tend to be more tolerant. Try to play your disc on an older Panasonic player :bigsmile:

most of the players that read other formats will just show the file directory structure. that’s what my cheapo ($35) DVD player does when i try to create DVD-Video with Plextools (and this DVD player plays 99.9% of everything i throw at it).

[Going OT]
I second that, it is true in my experience also.

Cheap players are often more tolerant about media quality too. I have some horrible AN30 media :Z :Z that were plainly refused by my Sony (now sold out for a Pioneer DV-575 :bow: ), while my Amstrad DX-3016 is able to play them flawlessly.
[/Going OT]

Regards, :wink:

ET

My parents have a Daytek 707, really cheap, which can even read Princo DVD-RW media :smiley:

OMG, does it exist??? :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z

Regards, :wink:

ET

Yes and No. No, not directly. Yes, with the help of ImgTools as VeryBadBoy mentioned earlier. Just grab ImgTools Classic and use it to create an ISO from the directory that contains your VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS subdirectories. Then use the PTP CD/DVD Copy feature, with a source of ‘Image file’. Works like a charm. I have yet to see the resulting DVD not play in any player, assuming a good burn to good media.

Or maybe nobody cares when an arrogant student keeps criticizing
professional products. This is a thread about Plextools, so keep your
hate of Nero out of here.

learn reading, I replied to VeryBadBoy’s comment, nothing more, nothing less, and if you want to do something useful instead of launching another hilarous attempt of making other people look bad, read the last few posts in the DVD-Video thread on the Nero forum and follow the link

One does not reply to a comment, but to a question. And here the
question is about Plextools, not Nero. For Nero problems there’s a
Nero forum, and you already posted your opinion there. Plugging in
your “Nero can’t make valid Video DVDs” everywhere the word Nero
appears is both useless and annoying, so please refrain yourself from
doing so. Also watch your tone with me, this is not a way to talk to a
moderator.

One does not reply to a comment, but to a question. And here the
question is about Plextools, not Nero. For Nero problems there’s a
Nero forum, and you already posted your opinion there. Plugging in
your “Nero can’t make valid Video DVDs” everywhere the word Nero
appears is both useless and annoying, so please refrain yourself from
doing so.
Interesting, you did’t complain when VeryBadBoy told to use Nero in the first place :slight_smile:
Also watch your tone with me, this is not a way to talk to a
moderator.

Moderators should be a good example, you are moderator, you are talking to people like that whenever someone disagrees with you, conclude yourself

Img Tool is a “must”?
I’ve no DVD player around me cause I’m at dormitory.
So I can’t test it.
But I’ve try my own idea, and the disc can be playback on my pc with software player without any problem.
I’ll try to look for a hardware DVD player to test it.
Thanks for all your help.