Can I use Nero 5.5.10.54 as a demoversion?

When I tried to install it on my newly format machine it says ‘nero not detected’ the problem is I deleted my old version of nero and I cant find nero 5.5.10.42 and the language pack anywhere on the net. Can someone give me links on where to download it? I also need the language packs too. Thanks!

Hi Mr.Pink, welcome to the forum!

Nero v5.5.10.42 can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub/filepilot/windows/cd-brenner/nero551042.exe (found it via the search function, more results here!).

Thanks Gamefreak for the reply, but You didn’t answer my question. Can I use Nero 5.5.10.54 as a demoversion? Im asking this coz I have to know if my copy is whacked so I can download it again. Thanks again.

Well if you have already tried to install .54 and it asked for a previous installed Nero version I would presume it can only be used as an update. And since you asked for .42 I gave you a link. Please try to install that version first and then upgrade to .54. That should do the trick I think. Btw, the Nero website mentions that .54 is an update, but I can’t conclude from this if this version cannot be used as demo version too…

[i]Please Note:

The update CANNOT be used for upgrading to a higher Nero version (e.g. not from Nero 5 to Nero 6), just to update to the latest available version within one sequence: e.g. from Nero 5.5.9.5 to Nero 5.5.10.42

Free Nero 5.5 Update

the update can be used for updating from any previous installed Nero 5.5[/i]