Can i use my copy of vista on another pc?

hi, i have just bought(4 month old) a new pc which has vista, can i use the same disk to upload it on my older pc? which has xp:confused:
mark

you can only install it on one pc at a time unless you have 2 cdkeys for it.

[QUOTE=md74;2408255]hi, i have just bought(4 month old) a new pc which has vista, can i use the same disk to upload it on my older pc? which has xp:confused:
mark[/QUOTE]

Is it OEM or Full install? Most likely it’s OEM and it made only for that computer and no other unless it matches up exactly with your build. So if you want a separate install you will have to buy a full version of Vista to install on the XP if you want dual boot or completely switch over to Vista. Since we don’t know what version of Vista you have help is going to be in short supply.

hi it is a pc oem version vista 32bit so i can guess its a no!:disagree:

depends is it just an OS disc or does it have the manufacturers own stuff on it? if it is just an os disc it should install on any pc.

You could also take the vista part off the disc and make another bootable disc without the manufacturers junk on it, Google will help you do that but you will still need another cd key

The original CD you got with your new PC is most likely only with a license for one PC.

As Slayerking mentioned, you would need another (legitimate) CD Key before you can get it (legally) working on your older PC