Can I use CloneDVD to copy without shrinking?

I have a 7.4 GB movie that I want to copy. I unselected the extra materials and audio streams that I do not need to back up. This resulted in a 6.6 GB file.

I just made a copy of that 6.6 GB film with Elby’s CloneDVD. CloneDVD shrank it to 4.4 GB and then burnt it to a DVD-R. The copied disc works fine but image quality is inferior to the original. This is a disc we watch fairly often with our children and I would like image quality to be equal to the original.

Is it possible to use CloneDVD to copy to 2 discs so that it would not shrink and therefore would maintain identical image quality to the original disc?

I am a begineer.

if you give it a few hours, clonedvd v2 will be out and then you will be able to span it over 2 discs

even one disc backup should have better image quality with CloneDVD 2

right?:iagree:

Originally posted by hburrows83
if you give it a few hours, clonedvd v2 will be out and then you will be able to span it over 2 discs

Correct, but splitting is not so obvious in the UI yet.
To split with CloneDVD2, you’ll need to make two independent copies, one with the first disc contents selected, one with the second. This can be different titles and different parts of titles, e.g.: Disc 1 First part of main movie, disc 2 second part of main movie plus extras. (Yes, this works with menus as well, CloneDVD will jump to the second half of the movie, even if a non-existant chapter of the first disc is selected. Cool! Armin rulez! :slight_smile: )
CloneDVD2 gives you ultimate freedom in selection what goes where, but this is probably not so well “for beginners”.

Splitting wasn’t designed with “Beginners” in mind, maybe it is easier to try a single disc copy with CloneDVD2, the picture quality is much better than CloneDVD 1.

Originally posted by quirky9
[B]even one disc backup should have better image quality with CloneDVD 2

right?:iagree: [/B]

Right! :iagree:

Originally posted by Olli
[B]Correct, but splitting is not so obvious in the UI yet.
To split with CloneDVD2, you’ll need to make two independent copies, one with the first disc contents selected, one with the second. This can be different titles and different parts of titles, e.g.: Disc 1 First part of main movie, disc 2 second part of main movie plus extras. (Yes, this works with menus as well, CloneDVD will jump to the second half of the movie, even if a non-existant chapter of the first disc is selected. Cool! Armin rulez! :slight_smile: )
CloneDVD2 gives you ultimate freedom in selection what goes where, but this is probably not so well “for beginners”.

Splitting wasn’t designed with “Beginners” in mind, maybe it is easier to try a single disc copy with CloneDVD2, the picture quality is much better than CloneDVD 1. [/B]

:bow: :eek: :bow:

RELEASE IT DAMNETH YOU!!!

(I’m sorry, i don’t know what came over me) :smiley:

Can anyone tell me when V2 will be released?

I’ve been reading another forum- Will multiple passes for compression be an option in any future releases? or is the current-v2 compression going to be that much better so it’s not necessary?

(I am not complaining about the compression at all)

I don’t think you can split a DVD over two discs when you can only make title selections and not Chapter selections. The problem is that many movie only backups will not fit on one DVD-5. Either you have to have compression or be able to select the chapters you want on the first DVD. And put the rest of the chapters on the next DVD along with what ever extras you wanted. Maybe CloneDVD can add this feature in the future.

> I don’t think you can split a DVD over two discs when you can only make title selections and not Chapter selections. <

CloneDVD 2 preview has chapter selections. It is available now.

I downloaded the preview version of CLONE DVD V2 and managed to split my film to 2 DVDs without any problem. Picture quality is great.

I got my DVD writer just 2 days ago. I do not have enough experience to even qualify as a newbie. Nevertheless, it took me only about 15 minutes to figure out how to do it.

Congratulations Olli. Very good program.

I have the new version. Where are the chapter selections??

Originally posted by stonecutter
I have the new version. Where are the chapter selections??

Below the title preview window, click the scissor.