Can i uptade my dvd player codecs

so here goes nothing is it possible to update the codecs of a dvd player or am i asking for to much i have a dvd player brand infinity model TO-555 and i was wondering if i could update the codecs cause most divx play on it but sometimes i have problems 1 is where the file will show it’s name and everything but when i attempt to play it won’t play or it does play but the screen would be black just the sound of it plays can anybody help me or am i asking something that’s impossible either way i would be greatfull for any kind of help thank’s in advance

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Just an idea, but did you check the resolution of the files the drive is not able to play? It happened to me the same thing, and then I realized that the avi had a too high resolution (it should be 720 max for PAL and my file was 840 or something similar), and I don’t have a HD TV :doh:

Happens on DVD players without Mediatek chip(set) in general (ES(S) have bad compatibility). Could also be a firmware issue but I’ve seen this DVD been marketed earlier with a different brand and in that case it was a Zoras Vaddis chipset which is just as bad as ES(S).
Solution: Get one with such as Pioneer DV310, DV400, DV410
//Danne

[QUOTE=geno888;2118077]Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Just an idea, but did you check the resolution of the files the drive is not able to play? It happened to me the same thing, and then I realized that the avi had a too high resolution (it should be 720 max for PAL and my file was 840 or something similar), and I don’t have a HD TV :doh:[/QUOTE]

thank you for your help could you be so kind to tell me how to check? the resolution of a video file and if i can change it? thanks for all your help

[QUOTE=xema;2118309]thank you for your help could you be so kind to tell me how to check? the resolution of a video file and if i can change it? thanks for all your help[/QUOTE]:slight_smile:

Open it in a movie (media player) and choose properties in the menu
//Danne

or use gspot to check the avi properties :slight_smile: