Can I transfer a mp3-tag?

vbimport

I understand that vbr-encoding is the future, but I have a lot of old cbr-encoded files.
Therefore I would like to know if there is a way/program that is able to transfer mp3-tag from one file to another.
Then I could re-code my mp3 from the cd again and not have to type in all the tags gain.
(Don’t give me a story about CDDB, please)
I figure there might be a program that is able to save the tag to a file, and then add it to another.

Hmmm I dunno for sure how Nero 5.5 handles MP3Tags but I DO know that Nero 5.5 can convert MP3’s from cbr to vbr if you want to…

I DO know that Nero 5.5 can convert MP3’s from cbr to vbr if you want to…

It wouldn´t make much sense just to convert the file to vbr.
Then you wouldn´t get better quality, which was the goal here.

That’s right… I misread your 1st post and thought you wanted to convert all your mp3s from cbr to vbr…
But it’s sure possible to make vbr using Nero 5.5… but the ID3tag transfer question rises here again…

I know there are certain ID3 tag edit studio’s available for download @ www.download.com & www.tucows.com and I used quite a few, but I never mentioned an option to copy an ID3 tag from another MP3…

actually it does : you can gain quite a few bytes if you convert for instance from 192 kbs CBR to 192 kbs VBR. Regarding quality you guys are quite right. If you want to convert from any mp3 format (VBR / CBR, 128 / 192 / …) to any other WITH keeping your ID TAG you should use dBPowerAMP Music Converter. It’s free, integrates in your shell (complete ID Tag + other info as tooltip, Convert to in right click popup menu) and does a great job (LAME and BLADE encoders embedded). It also support WMA.

So : it’s my choice, and it should be yours…

:stuck_out_tongue: Eric

So : it’s my choice, and it should be yours…

I don’t think you get what program I need and why i need it.
I don’t need a converter I need a program that can transfer mp3-tags from one file to another.
Or maybe save the tag to a file and add the file as a mp3-tag in another mp3.

i dunno try doing a search on google.com it always works for me!!!

Couldn’t find a program but I just wrote the creator of the great tagging program Helium and he said that this will be possible when v2 comes!

Originally posted by Jansemandeb
Couldn’t find a program but I just wrote the creator of the great tagging program Helium and he said that this will be possible when v2 comes!

You can try MPTagger v1.60 which has a shell integration (right mouse click on MP3 file) to Copy and Paste the ID3 Tag of MP3 files. Download it here: http://surf.to/mptagger

Tried mp3Tagger, and it doesn’t work because it doesn’t support id3v2.4 only id3v2, and all my files are tagged helium which uses id3v2.4-tags.