Can I overclock my 48246S this way?

Hi, bought myself a 48246S last week and updated the firmware to VSS09 from the lite on website immaediately. Very impressed with the drive so far, and have been reading for some days on this board to overclock it to a 52x burner.

I was thinking of doing it like this… i download the 52x firmware (6S08) from the official site and patched it in dos using flashfix.exe. Is it now just possible to update the firmware by just double clicking on teh patched 6S08.exe and going from there… would this work? it seems the easiest way to do it.

I have read a number of posts about using Mtkflash.exe but it seems a long winded way of doing it and/or i can’t find a definitive guide to overclocking a 48x to a 52x…

comments / suggestions are welcome!

MTKFlash isn’t that hard to use actually, as long as you can boot into real-dos. But the way you proposed will work too :slight_smile:

Originally posted by studavis
I was thinking of doing it like this… i download the 52x firmware (6S08) from the official site and patched it in dos using flashfix.exe. Is it now just possible to update the firmware by just double clicking on teh patched 6S08.exe and going from there…

You don’t need to use FlashFix in DOS, just in a DOS console…

Seriously, if you intend on booting into DOS, go all the way and use mtkflash to flash your 48x to 52x. Read the readme.txt that comes /w mtkflash.

I think what is being asked is now its a 52x drive, can the liteon upgrades for the 52x drive be used to futher upgrade the firmware to the latest 52x one.
If thats what you mean then the answer is yes!

Originally posted by DomClarke
I think what is being asked is now its a 52x drive, can the liteon upgrades for the 52x drive be used to futher upgrade the firmware to the latest 52x one.
If thats what you mean then the answer is yes!

You are right, that is part of what he was asking… :stuck_out_tongue: