Can I Join Two .mp4 Files Into One Contiguous File?

vbimport

I have a musical work on my computer that is split across two different .mp4 so that it is impossible for me to play it all the way through without having to start a second .mp4 file playing. Is there a way to append the beginning of the second file contiguously and seamlessly to the end of the first file so that I have just one complete file from beginning to end? If so, what software do I need to this? It seems as if the right file splitter software might do the job. Thanks for any feedback.

Easiest way might be to use a player that supports playlists. But if you want to join them AVIDeMux looks like it would work. Load the 1st file, Append the 2nd, set Audio to copy, Video to copy, Output Format to MP4 and save. Don’t forget to add the extension to the save file name as AVIDeMux doesn’t.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2731670]Easiest way might be to use a player that supports playlists. But if you want to join them AVIDeMux looks like it would work. Load the 1st file, Append the 2nd, set Audio to copy, Video to copy, Output Format to MP4 and save. Don’t forget to add the extension to the save file name as AVIDeMux doesn’t.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that worked great! You can hear a slight break (split second) between the first and second file but I guess there’s no method which will eliminate that completely. It’s no big deal.

I haven’t use this software much but you could demux it with YAMB.
Then work on the audio with a software like Audacity.
I think YAMB can mux the audio & video back together.

AviDeMux can also do the muxing but it will change the audio to AC3.
If the .mp4 audio is aac lc AviDeMux won’t demux it with copy.

I guess it depends on how much the slight break bothers you.

Might not have been split on an I frame, and therefore fairly tough to get rid of entirely.