Can I install (like XP mode) WinServer2003 mode in Win7?

vbimport

Hello,
I have a PC running Win7 ultimate and XP mode installed. I was wondering if I can do the same installing another virtual machine with WinServer2003.
Of course I’m not going to use both at the same time.
Thanks.
:confused:

[QUOTE=avp144;2526954]Hello,
I have a PC running Win7 ultimate and XP mode installed.[/quote] Right

I was wondering if I can do the same installing another virtual machine with WinServer2003.
Err sure. You can download the free VMWare Player and install a Windows 2003 server any way you want.

Why not? As long as your virtual systems can have resources it is no problem. I can run 7 servers on my dual core laptop.

Hi,[QUOTE=avp144;2526954]Hello,
I have a PC running Win7 ultimate and XP mode installed. I was wondering if I can do the same installing another virtual machine with WinServer2003.
[/QUOTE]you may need to install another virtualisation software like VMware, MS virtual PC 2007, Virtual Box. Also, you need an additional license for Win2003. The XP mode on Win7 pro is slightly different in that matter since the XP license is part of the Win7 pro bundle.

Michael

Thank you very much for your suggestions, are very valuable.
:clap:

Since you have Windows 7 Ultimate with Windows XP Mode installed, you already have virtualization software: Windows Virtual PC (2010).

You can use this virtualization software or you can install and use other virtualzation software like VMware Player, VMware Server, or other.

You will however need Windows 2003 Server media (CD/DVD) and a license in order to run a virtual Windows 2003 machine. Unlike for Windows XP, you don’t get a “free” license for Windows 2003 with your Windows 7 Ultimate license.

You can run more than one virtual machine at a time, provided you have CPU power and especially memory (RAM) enough.

EDIT: You will not get the same level of integration with your Windows 7 desktop like you have with Windows XP Mode - i.e. you will be able to run a Windows 2003 Server in a window containing the Windows 2003 desktop, but you won’t be able to run applications installed in your Windows 2003 Virtual PC as if they were Windows 7 applications by starting them directly from the Windows 7 Start Menu (like you can with the Windows XP Mode applications).