Can I Install AnyDvd and CloneDvd2 on another computer?

I just bought AnyDvd and CloneDvd2 from the slysoft website. Can I Install these keys on another one of my computers or do I need to buy new keys? What would happen If I did install these on my other computer? Anyone’s help would be greatly appreciated. :bow:

Hi. Here there is an excerpt of Slysoft’s Software License:

[B]SOFTWARE LICENSE[/B]

The Software is protected by intellectual property laws and treaties. The Software is licensed, not sold.

This EULA grants you the following rights:

Systems Software - You may install and use one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a single computer or if you licensed it for multiple computers on as many computers as you legally obtained a license for, including a workstation, terminal or other digital electronic device (‘COMPUTER’).

This one instead is from Elaborate Bytes (CloneDVD):

[B]SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE[/B]

GRANT OF LICENSE. This LICENSE AGREEMENT grants you the following simple non-exclusive rights:

Applications Software

You may install and use one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any prior version for the same operating system, on a single computer. The primary user of the computer on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is installed may make a second copy for his or her exclusive use.

I’m not an expert on these legal matters, but at least these infos are a good starting point. :wink:

Regards, :slight_smile:

ET

eltranquil, while those are the official EULA’s slysoft (james) has stated before that it is ok for individual users to install slysoft products on more than one PC as long as THEY own the PC and THEY will be using that PC.

as long as it’s a situation like a work/home computer and not to double their ripping capabilities then he said it’s alright (ie if you’re using one PC at a time, you’ll be fine)

i can try to find the exact post if you guys want, but that was the general gist of it

the honor system is tricky ground when it comes to stuff like this, but i commend them for making it ok to copy for personal use as that is what anydvd is designed to do for movies anyway!

SlySoft has been asked this question on numerous occasions and has answered Forum Members with the following responses.

Originally Posted by SlySoft

You are allowed to install AnyDVD on any PC you own, as long as you only run one copy at the same time (e.g., installing on your Desktop PC and on your Laptop is fine).

P.S: The same is true for CloneCD and CloneDVD.

James

SlySoft products

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1338078&postcount=5

Originally Posted by SlySoft

To make it perfectly clear: We do not allow usage of the same license on two different computers at the same time.

We could enforce this by checking over the network, if the same license is used, or by using internet activation, but we treat our customers like adults and with respect, and we hope that the customers do the same. We don’t want to punish the honest customer with product activation, network checks, etc.

If people do use the same license at the same time on different machines… I simply don’t want to hear about it.

James

SlySoft products

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1487415&postcount=23

BeLooken

You’re right about that. I recall James saying something like this more than once, but I confess that today I was too lazy to find the link. :o

However, the OP asked also about CloneDVD and I was not 100% sure whether CloneDVD is a “SlySoft product” or an “Elaborate Bytes product” distributed by SlySoft. From many posts that I’ve seen, James is currently the developer of CloneDVD too, so probably his argument applies to CloneDVD also. But as I said, I am not a legal expert so before saying something wrong I preferred to quote the EULAs, as I said, as a starting point. Thanks for your and [I]BeeLoken[/I]'s additions.

ET

Thanks everyone for the help! But when they say not to use at the same time, They mean having 2 computers networked together…right? But I have 2 computers and they are not networked together, so If I was on and my wife was on the other one, could we burn dvd’s at the same time then? Sorry just a little confused… :confused:

you can install them on to 2 PC’s but [B]not use them [/B] at the same time

rfteam26 -

Please re-read my posting #4. I believe the quoted SlySoft statements clearly state their position on the matter.

BeLooken

if you and your wife will be using the program separately then according to slysoft’s eula and james’s extended interpretation quoted above, you need to buy 2 licenses. you need a copy and your wife needs a copy.

if, for example you had it on your home ocmputer to do vidoe work at home and wanted to install it on your computer at work to do video stuff at work that would be ok.

it has nothing to do with networking.

ocmputer LOL had to say it couldn’t resist. Question my work computer and home computer are at home as I work from home so then you’re saying it’s ok? I know this answer but thought I’d add this comment to for future questionings. :flower:

o man! who’s on first? what’s on second?

@Dr. Who, for the record it’s ok for everyone else, but not you :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL it’s been awhile thought I’d be sarcastic for once. LOL

Actually, that appears to not be the case. The last I had heard from James on that issue is that it is still developed by Elaborate Bytes and Slysoft is a distributor. James is in close contact with the developers and is privy to “inside information” as it were, but, he is not directly involved in the development of CloneDVD. There was a post a few weeks back regarding that because I had made the assumption that Slysoft was developing it and James corrected me.

You’re right, I’ve just found it (or a similar one) here. Thanks for correcting me. :slight_smile:

ET