Can I Get A Working Copy From A Bad One?

Received a copy of a friends DVD (instructional yoga, no copy protection). Original was DVD 9 and we copied on a MacBook. There was about a 30% reduction for it to fit on DVD 5 disc. Copied O.K. but when it went through verification process bad sector was reported. Tried copying a couple of times but same problem occurred. When I tried to play the new copy it would freeze about half way through. If I try to skip forward or backward at this point, can do nothing.

My question is, is there some way I can make a good workable disc from this one with the bad sector.

I’ve tried using DVD FAB Decryptor but after analysing and Decrypting only 54kb wind up in the rip file.

Any suggestions?

This is my first post, hope I am in the right section and following the right protocol.

Thanks,
Justin

Limit your reading drive to 1x, if possible. there’s a number of programs around for this. I’d try DVDDecryptor with the options set to ignore read errors.

[QUOTE=CDan;1967454]Limit your reading drive to 1x, if possible. there’s a number of programs around for this. I’d try DVDDecryptor with the options set to ignore read errors.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dan. Will give that a try.
Justin