Can I crossflash a Plextor PX-880SA to a LiteOn?

How about making the Plextor drive a Liteon?

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2503614]How about making the Plextor drive a Liteon?[/QUOTE]
Yes this can be done also, using the Flash Utility v4 and the EEPROM Utility v6. :cool:

I have the utilities and the Liteon 424 firmware. My Plextor is sata/lightscribe/etc.

I’ve read the information on the different utilities and while I could be missing it I didn’t see the “Steps to make a Plextor a Liteon” process.

What are the steps?

Thanks for you work by the way…

Thanks to NewFish, this might help:
http://homepage.corbina.net/~sunfish/tips7.html

Looks like that is Liteon to Plextor.

Just switch the firmware and drive selected.

1/ Flash LiteOn firmware
2/ Use the EEPROM Utility on the new LiteOn drive
3/ Depower the drive/system and restart

Thanks. What am I using the EEPROM Utility to do? I’m good with flash the firmware. But after I flash the Plextor drive with the liteon firmware, what am I using the EEPROM util to accomplish?

The EEPROM util resets the drive id so after flashing with liteon firmware, the eeprom util then tells the drive its a liteon drive?

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2503622]The EEPROM util resets the drive id so after flashing with liteon firmware, the eeprom util then tells the drive its a liteon drive?[/QUOTE]
Yes that’s right. Follow the instruction screen and backup you EEPROM, just for extra safety. :wink:

I am reading Plextor bin now and saving it using Flash Util.

Have extracted the Liteon bin from the .exe file using xflash util and have the zlin.bin file.

Flashing i…424 failed.

do I cross flash with eeprom util?

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2503625]I am reading Plextor bin now and saving it using Flash Util.

Have extracted the Liteon bin from the .exe file using xflash util and have the zlin.bin file.[/QUOTE]
Look more closely at NewFish’s FAQ. Don’t extract the bin. Just load the exe flasher file (from my site) when prompted for a file to flash.

My Russian is a bit rusty…

Look at the pictures. :wink:

Thanks for your help. I did look at the pictures. They are for changing a liteon drive into a plextor.

I want to change a plextor into a liteon.

The exe file fails. The bin fails.

I double checked the firmware. My US based 880SA is sata/lightscribe/smart erase which is the ihas424.

1/ Run the Flash Utility v4.x.x
2/ Select the Plextor PX-880SA drive
3/ Select "Write Flash"
4/ Select the firmware ATAPI.iHAS424_A.ZL1N.stock.exe
5/ Complete the flash

6/ Run the EEPROM Utility v6.x.x
7/ Select the LiteOn iHAS424 drive
8/ Select the Crossflash tab
9/ Select "Convert Drive"
10/ Complete the conversion

11/ Depower and restart the system

That’s what I did. It fails.

Select boot code?

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2503635]That’s what I did. It fails.

Select boot code?[/QUOTE]
NO!

Just tried it here, works fine…

You have a plextor drive that you made into a liteon or is it a liteon to begin with?