Can I control the write speed of my DVD burner (LiteOn SOHW 1653S)

vbimport

Hi everyone. My name is damo12 and I’m a newbie.I just wanted to introduce myself and ask a question. Does anyone know if I can control the write speed of my DVD burner (LiteOn SOHW 1653S) so that I can burn at 1X or 2X? I am using Nero 6.6 Burning ROM, but I can’t seem to find the write speed adjustment when I am using the "Make Movie’ function with Nero.

Hi & welcome.

Why on earth do you want to burn at such a low speed? There’s nothing to be gained in terms of quality as most media burns best at it’s rated speed & sometimes it’s better at higher speeds.

Some people (I can’t rmember who they are) believe that burning at slower speeds improves the quality of the final product. But I agree with you, I don’t see how burning at a slower speed would improve the quality of the final product. My question was aimed at being able to locate the speed control for my burner so that I could burn at a speed I chose, instead of allowing Nero to make that choice, which is what happens at the moment. e.g. when I choose the Make Movie function, I can’t seem to find a setting that informs me of the write speed or how to make adjustments to the write speed.

You mean make movie in NeroVisionExpress?
If so, you should be able to select your writing speed on the last step, before you hit
the burn button, you’ll see there recording options, choose the burner you’ve and then
you could select writing speed!

G’day
Open the attachment

If you click on Recorking Settings another window opens where youselect burming speed. :slight_smile:
John

Thanks for that.