Can I clean a Dvd Burner With a Disc?

Hi Guys,
I was wondring if I could clean my dvd burner with a dvd cleaning disk. It doesn;t say if it does or not.

Any advice, Recommendations.
Thanks…

Hi,

DO NOT use any tools like Cleaning CD’s with brushes etc.! Sensitive mechanical parts can get damaged.

Blast the optics with canned air, then continue on to the blast the rest of the DVD chassis trying to blow the remainder of the dust away from the optics. Using a Q-tip, clean the mirror and the lens with a high quality lens cleaner. I like to use anti static lens cleaner but any glass cleaner should work, I have even heard of plain alcohol being used. The goal is to leave a streak free finish and use one end of the wetted Q-tip to clean an the other to dry. BE CAREFUL

[QUOTE=TOSHIBAer;1947251]Hi,

DO NOT use any tools like Cleaning CD’s with brushes etc.! Sensitive mechanical parts can get damaged.

Blast the optics with canned air, then continue on to the blast the rest of the DVD chassis trying to blow the remainder of the dust away from the optics. Using a Q-tip, clean the mirror and the lens with a high quality lens cleaner. I like to use anti static lens cleaner but any glass cleaner should work, I have even heard of plain alcohol being used. The goal is to leave a streak free finish and use one end of the wetted Q-tip to clean an the other to dry. BE CAREFUL[/QUOTE]

Well what your telling this user is more complicated then what you posted. It requires opening the dvd drive which #1 for the average user would be difficult, and #2 it could void his warranty. Using the compress air is not what I would recommend for this user due to blowing dust on to other vital parts, the cd cleaners (Good quality) will do a very decent job if used correctly and all the cd cleaners I have ever used don’t come even close to the laser lens, so all in all the cd one’s fan away loose dust and etc. using wind it creates. Take Care.

[QUOTE=THE C.;1947278]…the cd cleaners (Good quality) will do a very decent job if used correctly and all the cd cleaners I have ever used don’t come even close to the laser lens, so all in all the cd one’s fan away loose dust and etc. using wind it creates. Take Care.[/QUOTE]

I’ve tried searching… everyone seems to recommend “good quality” cd/dvd cleaners however none mentions an actual brand name. They are all cheaply priced. So what brand is “good quality”?

Try with “canned air spray” instead. This should not harm the drive/parts.

[QUOTE=THE C.;1947278]Using the compress air is not what I would recommend for this user due to blowing dust on to other vital parts, the cd cleaners (Good quality) will do a very decent job if used correctly and all the cd cleaners I have ever used don’t come even close to the laser lens, so all in all the cd one’s fan away loose dust and etc. using wind it creates. Take Care.[/QUOTE]

What to do, What to do :rolleyes:

Try Maxell or Philips will work fine for you.