Can i burn SD2 with this burner?

vbimport

yes, i am a noob here. but im hoping you vets can help me out. i have a plextor 8/4/32 with firmware 1.09. is there ANYWAY to burn SD2 even thou my burner isnt listed in the supported burners? ive seen in a couple of posts about people using specific brands of CDRWs instead of CDRs. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thx.

have u tried using clonyxxl with clonecd 4 ?i have a plex12/10/32a and id does partial copies which can be played in plex drives aslong as the hide cdr media is ticked.iv managed to do renegade,global operations,fifa 2002 world cup and im just gonna try and do grand theft auto 3 i hope it comes out okay becaus it takes about an hour to burn at 2x

Originally posted by airfix
have u tried using clonyxxl with clonecd 4 ?i have a plex12/10/32a and id does partial copies which can be played in plex drives aslong as the hide cdr media is ticked.iv managed to do renegade,global operations,fifa 2002 world cup and im just gonna try and do grand theft auto 3 i hope it comes out okay becaus it takes about an hour to burn at 2x

How do you do “partial” burns airfix??? I have the same burner as you do and I have no problems burning all the games you mentioned without any problems and without using the hide cdr media function. GTA3 is burnable, i made a copy at 8x, works fine.

As for Aphrodavid, u produce coasters with your drive or it just doesnt read it? Some SD2 games cant be read by a CDR drive even a Plextor. try using clone cd by scanning from a regular drive and then burning using your plextor.

so what are the settings u use then?and does it work on all cd drives?

Settings? You mean for CloneCD? I use the Game profile that was provided by CloneCD. Recently I started using the profiles on the CloneCD forum. They work. Try upgrading you firmware perhaps, I think its up to 1.09 now.

Hello, :slight_smile:

Im also using 12/10/32 plextor. Is there any way other than using clonyxxl, to burn SD2?

FlyingDutchman , did you really get to work with CloneCD by itself?

i have also got fully working copies using cd mate

Originally posted by Rocketeer
[B]Hello, :slight_smile:

Im also using 12/10/32 plextor. Is there any way other than using clonyxxl, to burn SD2?

FlyingDutchman , did you really get to work with CloneCD by itself? [/B]

Yeah, I worked with the profile that was given by CloneCD. It burnt at 4x and I was using the Imation 16x (black) CD-R’s. The second time I burnt it I did it at 8x using clonecd and it worked as well. Clonny XXL only gives you settings that it detects based on the protection. It works 99% of the time but on one occasion it didnt. The profile given by CloneCD is the safest bet. BTW, which firmware are you using? I had trouble burning with the 1.07 firmware so I upgraded to 1.09 and it worked. Try that.