Can I burn Neverwinter with Plex 24/10/40A?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I’ve searched all over for the answer. I’ve just bought Neverwinter Nights and now I want to burn it but only have a Plex 16/10/40A (which I gather isn’t up to the job 'coz it can’t do correctly encoding efm - am I right? )
I also have a Plex 24/10/40A. Both have the latest firmware and I have cdclone 4. If I can successfully burn with either of these then can you tell me the best settings to use as well. Please can you help me. Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I’ve searched all over for the answer.
This seems to be very common phrase. :smiley:

NWN v1.23 doesn’t have any copy protection.

Thanks Alexnoe but the version I’ve bought from the shop says Ver 1.11 and I think I’m right in saying that this one has Securom new protection. Thanks again.:confused:

Then download the official patch 1.23…

Ok…Now I AM Stupid ! Let’s say I’ve installed the game and updated the game to Ver 1.23 (actually now it’s 1.24). How does that effect me trying to burn the original discs which are still Ver 1.11. Forgive my ignorance please.:bow:

It means that an ordinary cd-copy of the discs with say nero will result in working back-ups after patching to v. 1.23 or above even though they wouldn’t work with v. 1.11.

Originally posted by AFCWimbledon
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I’ve searched all over for the answer. I’ve just bought Neverwinter Nights and now I want to burn it but only have a Plex 16/10/40A (which I gather isn’t up to the job 'coz it can’t do correctly encoding efm - am I right? )
I also have a Plex 24/10/40A. Both have the latest firmware and I have cdclone 4. If I can successfully burn with either of these then can you tell me the best settings to use as well. Please can you help me. Thanks in advance.

A Plex 16x can burn about anything out there except maybe sd2.5 Iv burnt all the good games that are worth burning. D2, neverwinter nights, wc3, d2x. I really think people are getting way to silly over efm.:rolleyes:

Please people: keep in mind that correct EFM encoding of regular bit patterns (or I should say the burning of high DSV) has absolutely nothing to do with the reading of SubChannel Data! This only comes in to play when dealing with SafeDisc 2. A Plextor drive should have no problems at all with SecuRom (Neverwinter Night v1.11) as long as it can read and write the SubChannel Data. The Plextor PX-W1610A has some problems reading this data but the Plextor PX-W2410A and all Plextor models after that can read SubChannel Data perfectly. Just an additional comment since with patch v1.23 for Neverwinter Nights, the copy-protection is removed. However this doesn’t apply for other SecuRom protected titles such as Warcraft III.