Can i burn mp3's w/o convert to.wav?

vbimport

hello all, im new here,
i have been searching here for couple days now, and im still not 100% sure, so i want to ask, i want to burn a bunch of misfits mp3’s from my hd to some cd-r’s , its alot, (about 100 tracks from the box set) and i want to get them all on two or three discs, so can i just burn the mp3’s without converting them to .wav files?

im not totally concerned with perfect sound quality, they seem to be good mp3’s and i only need to play them on pc drives and maybe my standalone dvd player, can i do this?
and what program would you recommend to do this thats easiest/ best results?
thanks o’ plenty!!

You only would have to decode them if you want to make an Audio CD. You can have up to 80 minutes of music.

If you want them to occupy as much as in your hard disk, you have to burn them as normal files (a JPG photo, a Word document, etc.).
Just create a normal data CD.
You can have up to 700 MB of data (MP3 files in this case).

Originally posted by minix
[B]You only would have to decode them if you want to make an Audio CD. You can have up to 80 minutes of music.

If you want them to occupy as much as in your hard disk, you have to burn them as normal files (a JPG photo, a Word document, etc.).
Just create a normal data CD.
You can have up to 700 MB of data (MP3 files in this case). [/B]

ok, so a data cd full of mp3 files wont be playable like an audio cd right? so i have to decode all my mp3’s to wav files in order to listen to them is that the only way? i was under the impression you could burn a cd with just mp3’s and not wav’s and have something you could listen to with an mp3 player… guess not…

if you have nero…then start up nero mix…chose audio…then mp3 disk (if i remember correctly)
you will create a disk with mp3’s this way

Originally posted by damiandimitri
if you have nero…then start up nero mix…chose audio…then mp3 disk (if i remember correctly)
you will create a disk with mp3’s this way

ok, and this will be playable on any mp3 player, like a regular cd or audio disc made from wav files right?

yes

ok guys ,first just want to say thanks for the help, after reading some more posts , i think i have understood what i have been asking, which is that:
(1) you can either burn an audio disc with wav files, that will be playable on anything, ie. pc, stereo, car cd, etc…

or ,

(2) you can create a data cd with as much files as you want (say 650 megs) but this will only be playable on a pc with a mp3 player…

am i getting this right? can anybody add to this or correct me if im wrong?
:bow:

correct

(an audio disk doesn’t contain actualy wav files…but the wavs are turned into audio files)

damiandimitri,
thanks for all your replies last night!
:slight_smile:

my question now is, what kind of files are created on major record label cd’s? is it cd-da? is that what wav files get turned into when i burn an audio cd?

and last, do you think the mp3 format is going to replace evrything else eventually, or is there something better out there already?

there are better things then mp3…like mpc, ape, ogg etc
but good backups can be made with eac and lame (196kb and up)

have a look in the other threads on this forum and here;
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/

they are real audio experts…you also find te other codes there and their settings

i am not sure how music studio record their music…but wav files are uncmpressed (lossless if you rip from cd) and the best we can do on normal computers…i think
other types like mp3 are made to have smaller files with as small as possible loss of quality
that is why you can fit more music on normal cd’s