Can I burn movies to CD?

vbimport

If not with DVDFab, what program do I need? CDs are cheaper so I would like to use them.

[QUOTE=sneakers2;2171350]If not with DVDFab, what program do I need? CDs are cheaper so I would like to use them.[/QUOTE]

For what?

Burn Data CDs.

No, I want backup my dvds to cds. cds are cheaper. I read somewhere you could do this.

[QUOTE=sneakers2;2171404]No, I want backup my dvds to cds. cds are cheaper. I read somewhere you could do this.[/QUOTE]

Yes it can be done but you will loose so much quality that the final product will be
so pathetic looking it will look like crap. You have to compress it so much that in the
end it will look all pixelated and not worth the time watching it. You might ask how do
I know this well…I’ve done it before using a program that I bought and I deleted it
right away and just lost my money that I payed for it. I can’t remember the name of it
right off hand but it is not worth what it costs just stick with DVDFab and DVDs if you
want something that is watchable afterwords just my suggestion. :iagree:

[QUOTE=sneakers2;2171350]If not with DVDFab, what program do I need? CDs are cheaper so I would like to use them.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know where you reside at but that reasoning is just unfounded in any logic sense. They are cheaper but they can’t compare to the size of a dvd+Rr in terms of storage and dvd flexibilty are made for movies granted they have VCD but VCD next to DVD is no comparison at all. DVD-/+R hold more data then CD and like the other posters said your loosing out alot of quality when you do that and most likely you will see it when you play it. My advise is don’t even do that your wasting money for something that won’t benefit you in the end. Dvdfab plat and Anydvd/Clonecd/Clonedvd are something more worth your money going for and then buy good quality dvd+r and booktype them to dvd-rom.

If you insist on using CD media for your flicks,at least use the H.264 codec…Should look ok/pretty good for PC viewing…
Try Fabs Generic avi or mp4/h.264 profiles…

i wait for Futureshop or Bestbuy to put them on sale and i get a 100 pack of maxell or memorex dvd + r for $30/canadian + plust tax. (approx 36 cents per disc. thats pretty cheap) they go on sale to that price about 3 times per year.

in 2 years, i have only had about 30 coasters in over 3000 discs. (most of those coasters were my fault)

as the above posters have said, burning dvd files to cd is a complete waste of time.

you would be better off to just convert the file to a codec at a high bit rate and watch them from any computer. this way you won’t need discs at all.